Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 AM
Ryan Hill

Default GCC 4.6.* unmasked, 4.7.0 added to tree

I've added 4.7.0 to the tree tonight (unkeyworded and masked as usual).

I've also keyworded the 4.6 series on all arches except amd64 (due to the
grub bug). This is a temporary measure until we figure out the best course of
action (at least we have some people looking at the problem now).

I personally apologize for the extremely long delay in getting these releases
out in a timely manner. As such, I'm stepping down as GCC maintainer.
Someone with as limited free time and programming experience as myself has
no business maintaining a such core piece of a source-based distro.

Sorry to dump even more on your shoulders Mike, but really I haven't been
helping out much this past year anyways. I'll still be doing gcc-porting and
hunting down patches like I used to.

Thanks guys.

--
fonts, gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets

Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Mark Loeser

Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> said:
> I've added 4.7.0 to the tree tonight (unkeyworded and masked as usual).
>
> I've also keyworded the 4.6 series on all arches except amd64 (due to the
> grub bug). This is a temporary measure until we figure out the best course of
> action (at least we have some people looking at the problem now).

Awesome, thanks.

> I personally apologize for the extremely long delay in getting these releases
> out in a timely manner. As such, I'm stepping down as GCC maintainer.
> Someone with as limited free time and programming experience as myself has
> no business maintaining a such core piece of a source-based distro.
>
> Sorry to dump even more on your shoulders Mike, but really I haven't been
> helping out much this past year anyways. I'll still be doing gcc-porting and
> hunting down patches like I used to.

I've been looking for things to start working on again, and I could step
back up and start to do some of the work I used to do for GCC releases.
I'll talk with Mike to figure out how we can best split up the work.

Thanks for all your work on the releases,

--
Mark Loeser
email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org