Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Alexis Ballier

Default enhancement for doicon/newicon in eutils.eclass

On Mon, 21 May 2012 01:24:13 +0200
hasufell <hasufell@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I want support for installing icons into the appropriate directories
> which are under /usr/share/icons/... and not just pixmaps.
>
> proposal attached + diff
>
> This should not break existing ebuilds. Tested a bit and open for
> review now.

maybe i missed something but cant you just make doicon a newicon
wrapper and remove all that code duplication ?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
hasufell

On 05/21/2012 01:36 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 01:24:13 +0200
> hasufell <hasufell@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> I want support for installing icons into the appropriate directories
>> which are under /usr/share/icons/... and not just pixmaps.
>>
>> proposal attached + diff
>>
>> This should not break existing ebuilds. Tested a bit and open for
>> review now.
>
> maybe i missed something but cant you just make doicon a newicon
> wrapper and remove all that code duplication ?

I don't see how. "doicon" supports installing multiple icons with one
command, as well as directories.
That does not work for "newicon".

Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Jonathan Callen