Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default unmasking of jabberd, and now feeling uncertain about it...

net-im/jabberd was masked for removal but I've fixed the bugs that it
was masked for
in fact, there should now be 0 bugs in bugzilla for it (or can anyone
find some?)

so i've unmasked it again

was that right, wrong, what? i really don't know anything about the
application itself

does jabberd2 replace all of it's functionality?

- Samuli

Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Tim Harder

On 2012-05-19 Sat 08:03, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> net-im/jabberd was masked for removal but I've fixed the bugs that it
> was masked for
> in fact, there should now be 0 bugs in bugzilla for it (or can anyone
> find some?)
> so i've unmasked it again

> was that right, wrong, what? i really don't know anything about the
> application itself

> does jabberd2 replace all of it's functionality?

I don't know how many people are using jabberd rather than jabberd2 (or
other options such as ejabberd) nowadays since jabberd2 is well
maintained and is generally a suitable replacement for jabberd, Also,
jabberd hasn't had much development in years from what I've seen.

Unfortunately, no one has bumped jabberd2 in the tree for a while so
there are a few bugs open for it.

Tim