Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Alexis Ballier

Default The fate of sparc-fbsd: not supported anymore, keywords can be dropped at will.

Hi,

Time has passed, nobody has been working on it in the past couple
of years and I believe it is now time to make an official announce so
that everyone knows:

The sparc-fbsd arch is dead. People are free to drop the keywords at
will.

It has reached a state that it'll probably be simpler to start
from scratch. The last development for this arch I can remember was when
Monkeh gave me access to a sparc box where I had installed sparc-fbsd,
some years ago. When the box died, we decided the pain was not worth
the gain, and nothing I can remember has happened since then.

Of course, this does not prevent anyone from resurrecting the port, but
until further notice, people are free to drop ebuilds even if it is the
last keyworded version for the sparc-fbsd arch.

Regards,

A.