Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Vratislav Podzimek

Default Change swap suggestions to the chart proposed in the discussion with other teams

The proposed patch changes the swap suggestion algorithm to the chart proposed in the discussion with kernel
team and others. I've also created a wiki page [1] as a target that can be referenced in all new swap size
related issues emerging in the future. There also is a patch for pykickstart that changes the --same-as-ram
option to --hibernation. We can either push them both and use the new chart or we can revert the previous
patches changing the behaviour of the algorithm to the chart suggested in rhbz#744129. Or we can use the
new chart and drop all swap options but --recommended from the pykickstart.
Let me know what would be the best and I will modify the patch and push it. We need to resolve this today.

[1] https://home.corp.redhat.com/wiki/swap-size-recommendations

--
Vratislav Podzimek