Old 05-06-2012, 04:06 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Default New category for (libre)office extensions: office-ext?

Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2012, 23:15:46 schrieb Markos Chandras:
> On 05/05/2012 08:04 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 May 2012 20:40:47 +0200 "Andreas K. Huettel"
> >
> > <dilfridge@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> there's a growing culture of libreoffice extensions, and (with
> >> the help of an eclass prepared by scarabeus) it would be nice to
> >> get some of them into the portage tree. Now we have to decide
> >> where to put them.
> >>
> >> Suggestion: new category office-ext
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >
> > office-plugins, to follow suit.
>
> This may be confusing as people would expect these plugins to work
> with both {open,libre}office packages. If these plugins are just for
> libreoffice then I would prefer app-libreoffice like other people have
> already suggested

I've collected information and the extensions (should) work with any office
variant, openoffice and libreoffice. To be more precise, they should work with
anything that uses the so-called "uno bridge".

This is why I like the new category "office-plugins" best... and would like to
implement that one.

Any additional objections?

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Ulrich Mueller

> I've collected information and the extensions (should) work with any
> office variant, openoffice and libreoffice. To be more precise, they
> should work with anything that uses the so-called "uno bridge".

> This is why I like the new category "office-plugins" best... and
> would like to implement that one.

Is there any chance that there will be more than one or two office-*
categories in future? If not, I think that we shouldn't introduce a
new category prefix for this. The category should be named app-*
instead.

How about app-ooo, following the naming of the virtual?

Ulrich

Old 05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Luca Barbato

Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

> > I've collected information and the extensions (should) work with any
> > office variant, openoffice and libreoffice. To be more precise, they
> > should work with anything that uses the so-called "uno bridge".
> >
> > This is why I like the new category "office-plugins" best... and
> > would like to implement that one.
>
> Is there any chance that there will be more than one or two office-*
> categories in future? If not, I think that we shouldn't introduce a
> new category prefix for this. The category should be named app-*
> instead.
>
> How about app-ooo, following the naming of the virtual?
>
> Ulrich

Well... we're already breaking that rule by having lxde-base, perl-core, sec-
policy... and kde-*, rox-*, xfce-* exist only twice. So I would not handle
this requirement too strongly.

(I could e.g. imagine categories office-templates, office-filters, but that's
right now pure speculation.)

app-ooo kind of minimizes the "ah yes I know what goes there" effect.

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Jeroen Roovers

On Sun, 6 May 2012 18:06:35 +0200
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I've collected information and the extensions (should) work with any
> office variant, openoffice and libreoffice. To be more precise, they
> should work with anything that uses the so-called "uno bridge".

uno-plugins/*

jer