Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Davide Pesavento

Default Last rites: media-sound/qsampler

# It has been broken for more than 2 years (bug 380589),
# last upstream release in 2009, uses deprecated qt4 eclass,
# long list of QA issues (bug 379663).
# Masked for removal in 30 days.
media-sound/qsampler

Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Natanael Olaiz

Hi,

Here I attach a version that removes the eclass use.
I then replaced a "eqmake4" for "qmake". I don't know if there is a
better solution, but at least removes the deprecated eclass and
hopefully the mask (the live ebuild is newer).

Best regards,
Natanael.

El 05/02/2012 11:24 PM, Davide Pesavento escribió:
> # It has been broken for more than 2 years (bug 380589),
> # last upstream release in 2009, uses deprecated qt4 eclass,
> # long list of QA issues (bug 379663).
> # Masked for removal in 30 days.
> media-sound/qsampler

# Copyright 1999-2009 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-sound/qsampler/qsampler-0.2.2.ebuild,v 1.1 2009/12/04 19:01:06 aballier Exp $

EAPI="1"

DESCRIPTION="A graphical frontend to the LinuxSampler engine"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.linuxsampler.org"
SRC_URI="http://download.linuxsampler.org/packages/${P}.tar.gz"

LICENSE="GPL-2"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
IUSE="debug +libgig"

RDEPEND="x11-libs/qt-gui:4
>=media-libs/liblscp-0.5.5
libgig? ( >=media-libs/libgig-3.2.1 )
>=media-sound/linuxsampler-0.5
media-libs/alsa-lib"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}"

src_compile() {
econf $(use_enable debug)
$(use_enable libgig)
qmake qsampler.pro -o qsampler.mak
emake || die "emake failed."
}

src_install() {
emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "emake install failed."
dodoc AUTHORS ChangeLog README TODO
doman debian/${PN}.1
}

Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Davide Pesavento

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here I attach a version that removes the eclass use.
> I then replaced a "eqmake4" for "qmake". I don't know if there is a
> better solution, but at least removes the deprecated eclass and
> hopefully the mask (the live ebuild is newer).

Hi Natanael,

the usage of deprecated qt4.eclass is the least problematic issue with
qsampler. There are more serious issues with the package, especially
the fact that it has been broken for 2 years (bug 380589) and no one
cared. Anyway, see comments #8 and later in that bug, let's continue
the discussion there.

(BTW, invoking qmake directly is not acceptable, you must use eqmake4)

Cheers,
Davide

Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Ben

On 10 May 2012 05:42, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here I attach a version that removes the eclass use.
> I then replaced a "eqmake4" for "qmake". I don't know if there is a
> better solution, but at least removes the deprecated eclass and
> hopefully the mask (the live ebuild is newer).

Please check the comments on bug #380589.
A new ebuild needs to:
- use qt4-r2.eclass and EAPI=4
- be compatible with Qt 4.8.1
- use the QA fixes from bug #379663

If someone is willing to do that, then they can contact me
(I'm involved with both qt and sound herds) and I will commit
the new ebuild and remove the mask.

Cheers,
Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer, Qt project lead

Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Natanael Olaiz

Hi,
El 05/10/2012 03:07 PM, Ben escribió:
> On 10 May 2012 05:42, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here I attach a version that removes the eclass use.
>> [...]
> Please check the comments on bug #380589.
> A new ebuild needs to:
> - use qt4-r2.eclass and EAPI=4
> - be compatible with Qt 4.8.1
> - use the QA fixes from bug #379663
Thanks, Ben and Davide for the tips!

> If someone is willing to do that, then they can contact me
> (I'm involved with both qt and sound herds) and I will commit
> the new ebuild and remove the mask.
I uploaded to the tracker an ebuild using a specific revision of
subversion, that seems to solve the bugs of the tracker.
I'm not sure about the name : the commit date is 20120413 , but the
about says 0.2.2.33.

Does that works?

Best regards,
Natanael.