Feature request: package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
I'd like to suggest we introduce the following very useful feature, as soon as
possible (which likely means in the next EAPI?):
* two new files in profile directories supported, package.use.stable.mask and
* syntax is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force
* meaning is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force, except that
the resulting rules are ONLY applied iff a stable keyword is in use
Rationale: Often single features are "not ready for production yet", but the
remaining package with that feature disabled would be a perfect candidate for
stabilization. Right now this can be solved by
* masking the useflag, which then makes the feature inaccessible even for
* masking the useflag for exactly one package revision, which is hell to
* or introducing different package revisions with/without the useflag, which
is also a mess.
Where this would (have been|be) useful:
* we had for a long time different revisions of subversion with/without kde
* cups-1.4 had the infamous libusb backend triggered by USE=usb
* cups-1.5 has optional systemd support via a systemd useflag, which pulls in
non-stabilized systemd as dependency...
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 PM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.