Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Pacho Ramos

Default Packages maintained by trapni need a co-maintainer

Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to add to
metadata if you want. Thanks:
dev-util/ciabot-svn
media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Samuli Suominen

On 04/14/2012 02:16 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:

Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to add to
metadata if you want. Thanks:
dev-util/ciabot-svn
media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond

I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link against
mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore

Therefore rendering the packages useless

- Samuli

Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Pacho Ramos

El sáb, 14-04-2012 a las 14:24 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
> On 04/14/2012 02:16 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to add to
> > metadata if you want. Thanks:
> > dev-util/ciabot-svn
> > media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
> > media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
> > sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond
> >

> I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link against
> mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore
> Therefore rendering the packages useless
>
> - Samuli

Fine with me if nobody wants to take care of that package and fixing it
soon

Old 04-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Samuli Suominen

Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to add to
metadata if you want. Thanks:
dev-util/ciabot-svn
media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond

I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link against
mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore
Therefore rendering the packages useless

- Samuli

Fine with me if nobody wants to take care of that package and fixing it
soon

I'm not sure if it's possible to fix them because symlinking the old
SONAME to new one doesn't do the trick.

Rebuilding is not an option because they are binary-only.

Unless someone grabs a HEX editor or something and edits the binaries
directly ... good luck with that

- Samuli

Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Alexis Ballier

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:36:48 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 04/14/2012 02:31 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> >>>

> >> I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link
> >> against mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore
> >> Therefore rendering the packages useless
> >>
> >> - Samuli
> >>

> > Fine with me if nobody wants to take care of that package and
> > fixing it soon
>
> I'm not sure if it's possible to fix them because symlinking the old
> SONAME to new one doesn't do the trick.
>
> Rebuilding is not an option because they are binary-only.
>
> Unless someone grabs a HEX editor or something and edits the binaries
> directly ... good luck with that

if that's just a soname problem an not an actual abi problem (heh,
soname may have changed for a reason), then dev-java/diablo-jdk has
been doing this for years and you can probably use the same kind of
code.

A.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Philipp Riegger

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:24:25 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 04/14/2012 02:16 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to
> > add to metadata if you want. Thanks:
> > dev-util/ciabot-svn
> > media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
> > media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
> > sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond
> >

> I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link against
> mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore
> Therefore rendering the packages useless

Can you elaborate on this? I have these ebuilds in my local overlay,
renamed to install the latest versions. So maybe a (really simple)
version bump would be enough.

Philipp

Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 15-04-2012 a las 17:09 +0200, Philipp Riegger escribió:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:24:25 +0300
> Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > On 04/14/2012 02:16 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > > Due long devaway, his packages need a co-maintainer, feel free to
> > > add to metadata if you want. Thanks:
> > > dev-util/ciabot-svn
> > > media-sound/teamspeak-client-bin
> > > media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin
> > > sys-apps/newrelic-sysmond
> > >

> > I believe it's time to lastrite teamspeak* because they link against
> > mysql libraries with SONAME we don't ship anymore
> > Therefore rendering the packages useless
>
> Can you elaborate on this? I have these ebuilds in my local overlay,
> renamed to install the latest versions. So maybe a (really simple)
> version bump would be enough.
>
> Philipp

Well, in tree versions are still buggy and outdated, I would vote for
either:
1. Mask them for removal (server is already hardmasked, but client not).
2. Proxy maintain them if anyone volunteers.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Michael Weber

Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 06-05-2012 a las 18:38 +0200, Michael Weber escribió:

> On 05/06/2012 05:35 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > Well, in tree versions are still buggy and outdated, I would vote
> > for either: 1. Mask them for removal (server is already hardmasked,
> > but client not). 2. Proxy maintain them if anyone volunteers.
>
> I would proxy maintain.
>
> Feel free to send me a pm on #irc.freenode.net, user xmw.
>
> Michael

Not sure how this ended finally :-/

Thanks for the news