Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Alex Legler

Default Last rites: Various horde packages

Up for removal in 4 weeks:

# Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org> (28 Nov 2010)
# Not maintained, multiple security issues.
# Use the split horde ebuilds instead.
www-apps/horde-webmail
www-apps/horde-groupware

# Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org> (28 Mar 2012)
# Leftover packages from a packaging attempt of Horde-4
# These can be readded when someone picks the package up
dev-php/Horde_ActiveSync
dev-php/Horde_Alarm
dev-php/Horde_Argv
dev-php/Horde_Auth
dev-php/Horde_Autoloader
dev-php/Horde_Browser
dev-php/Horde_Cache
dev-php/Horde_Cli
dev-php/Horde_Compress
dev-php/Horde_Constraint
dev-php/Horde_Controller
dev-php/Horde_Core
dev-php/Horde_Crypt
dev-php/Horde_Data
dev-php/Horde_DataTree
dev-php/Horde_Date
dev-php/Horde_Date_Parser
dev-php/Horde_Db
dev-php/Horde_Exception
dev-php/Horde_Feed
dev-php/Horde_Form
dev-php/Horde_Group
dev-php/Horde_History
dev-php/Horde_Http
dev-php/Horde_Icalendar
dev-php/Horde_Image
dev-php/Horde_Imap_Client
dev-php/Horde_Imsp
dev-php/Horde_Injector
dev-php/Horde_Itip
dev-php/Horde_Kolab_Format
dev-php/Horde_Kolab_Server
dev-php/Horde_Kolab_Session
dev-php/Horde_Kolab_Storage
dev-php/Horde_Ldap
dev-php/Horde_Lock
dev-php/Horde_Log
dev-php/Horde_LoginTasks
dev-php/Horde_Mail
dev-php/Horde_Memcache
dev-php/Horde_Mime
dev-php/Horde_Mime_Viewer
dev-php/Horde_Nls
dev-php/Horde_Notification
dev-php/Horde_Oauth
dev-php/Horde_Pdf
dev-php/Horde_Perms
dev-php/Horde_Prefs
dev-php/Horde_Rdo
dev-php/Horde_Role
dev-php/Horde_Routes
dev-php/Horde_Rpc
dev-php/Horde_Scribe
dev-php/Horde_Secret
dev-php/Horde_Serialize
dev-php/Horde_Service_Facebook
dev-php/Horde_Service_Twitter
dev-php/Horde_SessionHandler
dev-php/Horde_Share
dev-php/Horde_SpellChecker
dev-php/Horde_Sql
dev-php/Horde_Stream_Filter
dev-php/Horde_Stream_Wrapper
dev-php/Horde_Support
dev-php/Horde_SyncMl
dev-php/Horde_Template
dev-php/Horde_Test
dev-php/Horde_Text_Diff
dev-php/Horde_Text_Filter
dev-php/Horde_Text_Filter_Csstidy
dev-php/Horde_Text_Flowed
dev-php/Horde_Thrift
dev-php/Horde_Token
dev-php/Horde_Translation
dev-php/Horde_Tree
dev-php/Horde_Url
dev-php/Horde_Util
dev-php/Horde_Vfs
dev-php/Horde_View
dev-php/Horde_Xml_Element
dev-php/Horde_Xml_Wbxml
dev-php/Horde_Yaml

--
Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure

Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Sebastian Pipping

Hello!

Would it make sense to move these ebuilds to a dedicated overlay?
I can think of one IPS that uses both Gentoo and Horde [1] (though I'm
not sure which version and if in combination). A imagine that a
dedicated overlay could be both a service to people who still rely on
horde and at the same time encourage them to step up to maintenance.
With a dedicated overlay we wouldn't need to worry about write access
as much as with the main tree.

[1] https://webmail.df.eu/horde/login.php

On 03/28/2012 06:26 PM, Alex Legler wrote:
> Up for removal in 4 weeks:
>
> # Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org> (28 Nov 2010) # Not maintained,
> multiple security issues. # Use the split horde ebuilds instead.

While I don't use horde from a Gentoo perspective, I'm curious: which
remaining split ebuilds are you referring to? For Horde 3 webmail:
which ebuild would a user need now?

> www-apps/horde-webmail www-apps/horde-groupware
>
> # Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org> (28 Mar 2012) # Leftover packages
> from a packaging attempt of Horde-4 # These can be readded when
> someone picks the package up dev-php/Horde_ActiveSync [..]
> dev-php/Horde_Yaml

For those interested a diff says that these Horde packages remain:

www-apps/horde
www-apps/horde-chora
www-apps/horde-dimp
www-apps/horde-gollem