-   -   lastriting sys-auth/tcb (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/649866-lastriting-sys-auth-tcb.html)

"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." 03-28-2012 02:13 PM

lastriting sys-auth/tcb

OK to lastrite sys-auth/tcb? There are following problems with it:

- it requires non-trivial patching to be compatible with glibc that
doesn't have Openwall patches; the next version of tcb (1.1) would need
to be updated to work with Gentoo

- there are other bugs too (#371167, #408647)

And now we have sys-apps/hardened-shadow which is actively maintained.

Thoughts? I'd like to encourage everyone interested in tcb to try
hardened-shadow.

Paweł