Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Thomas Sachau

Default Formal spec writing for cross-compile support in EAPI-5

I have already writting some basic description about the behaviour of
multilib-portage, which can be seen here:

> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_1d97fc4c50a6373efe97fcc7f18c5f41.xml

Now ciaranm requested a formal spec for this, as written on the
gentoo-project ML:

> Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
> Really, I'd like a diff against PMS, or at least enough that someone
> could implement it independently without inspecting the Portage code.
> It's very hard to discuss something without detailed specifics.

Since i am not familiar with this sort of writing, i am searching for
some people, who could prepare something like that.
If anyone is interested, please contact me off-list. The above link
should have the basic content but for such a requested spec, there are
probably some more details needed (e.g. default wrapping of binaries is
now also implemented).

Thanks in advance to anyone helping with this.

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer