Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/)
-   -   About maintaining sci-physics/abinit (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/646262-about-maintaining-sci-physics-abinit.html)

Pacho Ramos 03-19-2012 08:22 AM

About maintaining sci-physics/abinit
 
Hello

As talked some time ago with Donnie, sci-physics/abinit is hard to
maintain and, then, he would like to lastrite it after moving package to
sci overlay because looks like nobody from sci team wants to take it.

If anybody is willing to help with maintaining abinit, could he take it?
If not, could anybody with commit access to sci overlay to move abinit
to it and let us lastrite it from main tree?

Thanks a lot

Pacho Ramos 04-02-2012 10:11 PM

About maintaining sci-physics/abinit
 
El lun, 19-03-2012 a las 10:22 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
> Hello
>
> As talked some time ago with Donnie, sci-physics/abinit is hard to
> maintain and, then, he would like to lastrite it after moving package to
> sci overlay because looks like nobody from sci team wants to take it.
>
> If anybody is willing to help with maintaining abinit, could he take it?
> If not, could anybody with commit access to sci overlay to move abinit
> to it and let us lastrite it from main tree?
>
> Thanks a lot

Maybe we could mask it for removal anyway as looks nobody wants to
maintain it and our current versions are really old :/

justin 04-03-2012 06:43 AM

About maintaining sci-physics/abinit
 
On 03/04/12 00:11, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> El lun, 19-03-2012 a las 10:22 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
>> Hello
>>
>> As talked some time ago with Donnie, sci-physics/abinit is hard to
>> maintain and, then, he would like to lastrite it after moving package to
>> sci overlay because looks like nobody from sci team wants to take it.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to help with maintaining abinit, could he take it?
>> If not, could anybody with commit access to sci overlay to move abinit
>> to it and let us lastrite it from main tree?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>
> Maybe we could mask it for removal anyway as looks nobody wants to
> maintain it and our current versions are really old :/

Oh I am sorry for not replying.
We have a contributor who is doing a great job and maintains it in the
sci overlay. As there is currently no active contribution from the
developer teams site I would vote for removal and help Honza with his
contributions outside the tree.

justin

Pacho Ramos 04-03-2012 10:16 AM

About maintaining sci-physics/abinit
 
El mar, 03-04-2012 a las 08:43 +0200, justin escribió:
> On 03/04/12 00:11, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > El lun, 19-03-2012 a las 10:22 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> As talked some time ago with Donnie, sci-physics/abinit is hard to
> >> maintain and, then, he would like to lastrite it after moving package to
> >> sci overlay because looks like nobody from sci team wants to take it.
> >>
> >> If anybody is willing to help with maintaining abinit, could he take it?
> >> If not, could anybody with commit access to sci overlay to move abinit
> >> to it and let us lastrite it from main tree?
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot
> >
> > Maybe we could mask it for removal anyway as looks nobody wants to
> > maintain it and our current versions are really old :/
>
> Oh I am sorry for not replying.
> We have a contributor who is doing a great job and maintains it in the
> sci overlay. As there is currently no active contribution from the
> developer teams site I would vote for removal and help Honza with his
> contributions outside the tree.
>
> justin
>

Done:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=410639

Best regards


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.