Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Pacho Ramos

Default www-servers herd is empty

With bass retirement (#391429) lcd has become empty, is anybody willing
to join or should their packages be moved to maintainer-needed (CCing
that empty herd to allow somebody joining in the future to easily
resurrect the herd)?

Thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 18-03-2012 a las 20:29 -0400, Chris Reffett escribió:
> Hi,
> I'd be interested in helping with www-servers, but I would have to
> help by proxy because I am not a dev yet.
> Chris Reffett
>
> On 03/18/12 15:27, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > With bass retirement (#391429) lcd has become empty, is anybody willing
> > to join or should their packages be moved to maintainer-needed (CCing
> > that empty herd to allow somebody joining in the future to easily
> > resurrect the herd)?
> >
> > Thanks

Thanks for offering your help, will CC gentoo-dev mailing list and
proxy-maint to see how we could handle this case

Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Markos Chandras

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Pacho Ramos

El lun, 19-03-2012 a las 20:48 +0000, Markos Chandras escribió:

> On 03/19/2012 08:32 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > El dom, 18-03-2012 a las 20:29 -0400, Chris Reffett escribió:
> >> Hi, I'd be interested in helping with www-servers, but I would
> >> have to help by proxy because I am not a dev yet. Chris Reffett

> > Thanks for offering your help, will CC gentoo-dev mailing list and
> > proxy-maint to see how we could handle this case
> >
> It is very unlikely for proxy-maintainers to proxy an entire herd. Sorry
>
> - --
> Regards,
> Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2

We need to try to find a way to let him contribute, the problem is that
I don't know much about Chris to know if he is ready to try to become a
gentoo-dev in the near future :S

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Samuli Suominen

Hi, I'd be interested in helping with www-servers, but I would
have to help by proxy because I am not a dev yet. Chris Reffett

With bass retirement (#391429) lcd has become empty, is anybody
willing to join or should their packages be moved to
maintainer-needed (CCing that empty herd to allow somebody
joining in the future to easily resurrect the herd)?

Thanks

Thanks for offering your help, will CC gentoo-dev mailing list and
proxy-maint to see how we could handle this case

It is very unlikely for proxy-maintainers to proxy an entire herd. Sorry

- --

We need to try to find a way to let him contribute, the problem is that
I don't know much about Chris to know if he is ready to try to become a
gentoo-dev in the near future :S

I find the whole concept of www-servers herd flawed.
It's not very likely one person would be running many different servers,
and thus be able to contribute to them.

Propably why the team has no members in the first place...

Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Pacho Ramos

El mar, 20-03-2012 a las 11:40 +0200, Samuli Suominen escribió:
> On 03/20/2012 11:36 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:

> >> It is very unlikely for proxy-maintainers to proxy an entire herd. Sorry
> >>
> >> - --
> >> Regards,
> >> Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2
> >
> > We need to try to find a way to let him contribute, the problem is that
> > I don't know much about Chris to know if he is ready to try to become a
> > gentoo-dev in the near future :S
>
> I find the whole concept of www-servers herd flawed.
> It's not very likely one person would be running many different servers,
> and thus be able to contribute to them.
>
> Propably why the team has no members in the first place...

Then, the way to go would be to move them to maintainer-needed and let
people pick whatever they want. I agree and can do it myself just now if
you let me do

Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Ultrabug

Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Dirkjan Ochtman

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:47, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> I find the whole concept of www-servers herd flawed.
>> It's not very likely one person would be running many different servers,
>> and thus be able to contribute to them.
>>
>> Propably why the team has no members in the first place...
>
> Then, the way to go would be to move them to maintainer-needed and let
> people pick whatever they want. I agree and can do it myself just now if
> you let me do

Seems sensible.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Sven Vermeulen

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:22:19AM +0100, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> > Then, the way to go would be to move them to maintainer-needed and let
> > people pick whatever they want. I agree and can do it myself just now if
> > you let me do
>
> Seems sensible.

I also dont mind helping out here, I use nginx, privoxy, squid and apache on
a daily basis (albeit not to their full potential).

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Pacho Ramos

El jue, 22-03-2012 a las 15:46 +0000, Sven Vermeulen escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:22:19AM +0100, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> > > Then, the way to go would be to move them to maintainer-needed and let
> > > people pick whatever they want. I agree and can do it myself just now if
> > > you let me do
> >
> > Seems sensible.
>
> I also dont mind helping out here, I use nginx, privoxy, squid and apache on
> a daily basis (albeit not to their full potential).
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

The herd removal and assign to maintainer-needed was already done, then,
feel free to add yourself to metadatas you prefer (and remember to
reassign existing bugs)