Old 03-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Pacho Ramos

Default Anybody willing to take care of sgml herd? (Was: media-optical, net-zope, sgml, text-markup herds are empty)

El dom, 18-03-2012 a las 18:01 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
> El vie, 09-03-2012 a las 21:21 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:

> > > Well, the idea would be to get their bugs assigned to maintainer-needed
> > > and media-optical CCed if somebody wants to take that stuff someday, it
> > > would reflect better reality as, currently, their bugs are being
> > > assigned to an empty herd (yes, xarthisius (I think he was in alias but
> > > not officially in herd last time I checked, anyway it's only one
> > > example, nothing personal against him of course ). What will occur
> > > when he simply drops his mail from alias as he never wanted to be a
> > > member of that herd? What would occur if he only wants to maintain some
> > > packages but others are getting ignored?
> > >
> > > The idea to get them moved to "orphan" is to reflect reality and, that
> > > way, try to get developers (or users willing to proxy maintain them)
> > > involved on exact apps they really want to keep maintained.
> >
> > As talked just now with Samuli, he added him to media-optical (both, to
> > alias and herds.xml) and then, this no longer applies to media-optical
> > obviously
> >

> Will then do the following:
> - Add a <maintainer> tag to their metadatas to get bugs assigned to
> maintainer-needed
> - Keep herd to get it CCed (like was done some weeks ago with openoffice
> herd)
>
> This applies to "sgml" and "text-markup" since media-optical is active
> again and looks like net-zope packages will go away soon

Finally, only sgml is inside this case as it contains a lot of packages:
app-doc/halibut
app-emacs/nxml-mode
app-emacs/psgml
app-office/passepartout
app-text/asciidoc
app-text/build-docbook-catalog
app-text/docbook-dsssl-stylesheets
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd
app-text/docbook-sgml-utils
app-text/docbook-sgml
app-text/docbook-xml-dtd
app-text/docbook-xml-simple-dtd
app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets
app-text/docbook2X
app-text/gentoo-guide-xml-dtd
app-text/gnome-doc-utils
app-text/grutatxt
app-text/highlight
app-text/html-xml-utils
app-text/html2text
app-text/html401
app-text/htmlrecode
app-text/htmltidy
app-text/linuxdoc-tools
app-text/openjade
app-text/opensp
app-text/robodoc
app-text/sablotron
app-text/scrollkeeper-dtd
app-text/scrollkeeper
app-text/sgml-common
app-text/sgmltools-lite
app-text/sgrep
app-text/txt2tags
app-text/webgen
app-text/xhtml1
app-text/xml2
app-text/xml2doc
app-text/xmlformat
app-text/xmlstarlet
app-text/xmlto
dev-ruby/xml-simple
www-client/htmlview

Is anyone willing to join the herd? If not, maybe somebody could take a
few packages if they want to take care of only a set of them and not all
the beast :-/

Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Mike Gilbert

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Is anyone willing to join the herd? If not, maybe somebody could take a
> few packages if they want to take care of only a set of them and not all
> the beast :-/

I took a look at the sgml bugs list, and most of them seem pretty
straightforward. I'll add myself and work on them as I have time.

Please don't let that stop you if you are thinking of picking up any
of the packages in pacho's list.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 18-03-2012 a las 13:38 -0400, Mike Gilbert escribi:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Is anyone willing to join the herd? If not, maybe somebody could take a
> > few packages if they want to take care of only a set of them and not all
> > the beast :-/
>
> I took a look at the sgml bugs list, and most of them seem pretty
> straightforward. I'll add myself and work on them as I have time.
>
> Please don't let that stop you if you are thinking of picking up any
> of the packages in pacho's list.

Thanks a lot Mike