Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Default Usecase for slotted gnupg

Excerpts from Andreas Herz's message of 2012-03-12 23:33:40 +0100:
> > I use mcabber with gnupg2 and it has no problem with pinentry.
>
> May i ask how you configured mcabber?
> Do you use the curses pinentry?

Gtk usually, but curses works fine, too. I haven't configured anything
special in mcabber - just:

set pgp = 1
set pgp_private_key = "MY HASH"

I use 0.10.1.

> Thanks for the hint with keychain, i will try this and also the ttl
> stuff.

This is how I run keychain in my ~/.bashrc:

keys="id_dsa id_rsa ABCDEF12 CDF12345" # ssh and gpg priv keys

if [[ $- != *i* ]] ; then
eval `keychain --eval ${keys} --quiet --noask --quick`
# Shell is non-interactive. Be done now!
return
fi

eval `keychain --eval ${keys} --quiet`
[[ $(tty) == /dev/tty[0-9] ]] && reset

So when I log into interactive shell first time (or after timeout), I'm
asked for pass phrases to unlock keys, and on non-interactive shell only
special environment vars are set.

> I also got it done with masking gnupg2 but i will try your suggestions
> so thanks so far. I just hope it will work with mcabber and also mutt
> then

GnuPG2 should work everywhere today, and if it doesn't work for some
app, then bug should reported for this app. (Although some crypto herd
member could take a voice here or at least confirm, what I wrote.)

Cheers,

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Hm, I have just realised that we're not discussing it on ml, and
unnecessarily I've CC'ed it to ml, sorry.

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski