Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Mike Gilbert

Default New eclass proposal: chromium.eclass

I moved some of the functions currently implemented in the ebuilds for
www-client/chromium and www-client/google-chrome into a new eclass
"chromium.eclass".

This will allow the two packages to share some code, and it will reduce
the size of each chromium ebuild by around 4K (18K -> 14K).

I have attached a copy of the eclass and its manpage. You may also view
the eclass in my overlay:

https://bitbucket.org/floppym/floppym-overlay/src/default/eclass/chromium.eclass

Here is how it would be used in the www-client/chromium package:

https://bitbucket.org/floppym/floppym-overlay/changeset/fbf6de591da7

Please review.
# Copyright 1999-2012 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

# @ECLASS: chromium.eclass
# @MAINTAINER:
# Chromium Herd <chromium@gentoo.org>
# @AUTHOR:
# Mike Gilbert <floppym@gentoo.org>
# @BLURB: Shared functions for chromium and google-chrome

inherit eutils fdo-mime gnome2-utils linux-info

EXPORT_FUNCTIONS pkg_preinst pkg_postinst pkg_postrm

# @FUNCTION: chromium_check_kernel_config
# @USAGE:
# Ensures the system kernel is configured for full Chromium functionality.
chromium_check_kernel_config() {
has "${EAPI:-0}" 0 1 2 3 && die "EAPI=${EAPI} is not supported"

if [[ "${MERGE_TYPE}" == "source" || "${MERGE_TYPE}" == "binary" ]]; then
# Warn if the kernel does not support features needed for sandboxing.
# Bug #363987.
ERROR_PID_NS="PID_NS is required for sandbox to work"
ERROR_NET_NS="NET_NS is required for sandbox to work"
CONFIG_CHECK="~PID_NS ~NET_NS"
check_extra_config
fi
}

# @ECLASS-VARIABLE: CHROMIUM_LANGS
# @DEFAULT_UNSET
# List of language packs available for this package.

_chromium_set_linguas_IUSE() {
[[ ${EAPI:-0} == 0 ]] && die "EAPI=${EAPI} is not supported"

local lang
for lang in ${CHROMIUM_LANGS}; do
# Default to enabled since we bundle them anyway.
# USE-expansion will take care of disabling the langs the user has not
# selected via LINGUAS.
IUSE+=" +linguas_${lang}"
done
}

if [[ ${CHROMIUM_LANGS} ]]; then
_chromium_set_linguas_IUSE
fi

_chromium_crlang() {
local x
for x in "$@"; do
case $x in
es_LA) echo es-419 ;;
*) echo "${x/_/-}" ;;
esac
done
}

_chromium_syslang() {
local x
for x in "$@"; do
case $x in
es-419) echo es_LA ;;
*) echo "${x/-/_}" ;;
esac
done
}

_chromium_strip_pak() {
local x
for x in "$@"; do
echo "${x%.pak}"
done
}

# @FUNCTION: chromium_remove_language_paks
# @USAGE:
# Removes pak files from the current directory for languages that the user has
# not selected via the LINGUAS variable.
# Also performs QA checks to ensure CHROMIUM_LANGS has been set correctly.
chromium_remove_language_paks() {
local crlangs=$(_chromium_crlang ${CHROMIUM_LANGS})
local present_crlangs=$(_chromium_strip_pak *.pak)
local present_langs=$(_chromium_syslang ${present_crlangs})
local lang

# Look for missing pak files.
for lang in ${crlangs}; do
if ! has ${lang} ${present_crlangs}; then
eqawarn "LINGUAS warning: no .pak file for ${lang} (${lang}.pak not found)"
fi
done

# Look for extra pak files.
# Remove pak files that the user does not want.
for lang in ${present_langs}; do
if [[ ${lang} == en_US ]]; then
continue
fi
if ! has ${lang} ${CHROMIUM_LANGS}; then
eqawarn "LINGUAS warning: no ${lang} in LANGS"
continue
fi
if ! use linguas_${lang}; then
rm -v "$(_chromium_crlang ${lang}).pak" || die
fi
done
}

chromium_pkg_preinst() {
gnome2_icon_savelist
}

chromium_pkg_postinst() {
fdo-mime_desktop_database_update
gnome2_icon_cache_update

# For more info see bug #292201, bug #352263, bug #361859.
elog
elog "Depending on your desktop environment, you may need"
elog "to install additional packages to get icons on the Downloads page."
elog
elog "For KDE, the required package is kde-base/oxygen-icons."
elog
elog "For other desktop environments, try one of the following:"
elog " - x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme"
elog " - x11-themes/tango-icon-theme"

# For more info see bug #359153.
elog
elog "Some web pages may require additional fonts to display properly."
elog "Try installing some of the following packages if some characters"
elog "are not displayed properly:"
elog " - media-fonts/arphicfonts"
elog " - media-fonts/bitstream-cyberbit"
elog " - media-fonts/droid"
elog " - media-fonts/ipamonafont"
elog " - media-fonts/ja-ipafonts"
elog " - media-fonts/takao-fonts"
elog " - media-fonts/wqy-microhei"
elog " - media-fonts/wqy-zenhei"
}

chromium_pkg_postrm() {
gnome2_icon_cache_update
}

chromium_pkg_die() {
if [[ "${EBUILD_PHASE}" != "compile" ]]; then
return
fi

# Prevent user problems like bug #348235.
eshopts_push -s extglob
if is-flagq '-g?(gdb)?([1-9])'; then
ewarn
ewarn "You have enabled debug info (i.e. -g or -ggdb in your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS)."
ewarn "Please try removing -g{,gdb} before reporting a bug."
ewarn
fi
eshopts_pop

# ccache often causes bogus compile failures, especially when the cache gets
# corrupted.
if has ccache ${FEATURES}; then
ewarn
ewarn "You have enabled ccache. Please try disabling ccache"
ewarn "before reporting a bug."
ewarn
fi

# No ricer bugs.
if use_if_iuse custom-cflags; then
ewarn
ewarn "You have enabled the custom-cflags USE flag."
ewarn "Please disable it before reporting a bug."
ewarn
fi

# If the system doesn't have enough memory, the compilation is known to
# fail. Print info about memory to recognize this condition.
einfo
einfo "$(grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo)"
einfo "$(grep SwapTotal /proc/meminfo)"
einfo
}

# @VARIABLE: EGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMAND
# Path to the gyp_chromium script.
: ${EGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMAND:=build/gyp_chromium}

# @VARIABLE: EGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTH
# Depth for egyp_chromium.
: ${EGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTH:=.}

# @FUNCTION: egyp_chromium
# @USAGE: [gyp arguments]
# Calls EGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMAND with depth EGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTH and given
# arguments. The full command line is echoed for logging.
egyp_chromium() {
set -- "${EGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMAND}" --depth="${EGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTH}" "$@"
echo "$@"
"$@"
}

# @FUNCTION: gyp_use
# @USAGE: <USE flag> [GYP flag] [true suffix] [false suffix]
# If USE flag is set, echo -D[GYP flag]=[true suffix].
#
# If USE flag is not set, echo -D[GYP flag]=[false suffix].
#
# [GYP flag] defaults to use_[USE flag] with hyphens converted to underscores.
#
# [true suffix] defaults to 1. [false suffix] defaults to 0.
gyp_use() {
local gypflag="-D${2:-use_${1//-/_}}="
usex "$1" "${gypflag}" "${gypflag}" "${3-1}" "${4-0}"
}

# @FUNCTION: chromium_bundled_v8_version
# @USAGE: [path to version.cc]
# Outputs the version of v8 parsed from a (bundled) copy of the source code.
chromium_bundled_v8_version() {
local vf=${1:-v8/src/version.cc}
local major minor build patch
major=$(sed -ne 's/#define MAJOR_VERSION *([0-9]*)/1/p' "${vf}")
minor=$(sed -ne 's/#define MINOR_VERSION *([0-9]*)/1/p' "${vf}")
build=$(sed -ne 's/#define BUILD_NUMBER *([0-9]*)/1/p' "${vf}")
patch=$(sed -ne 's/#define PATCH_LEVEL *([0-9]*)/1/p' "${vf}")
echo "${major}.${minor}.${build}.${patch}"
}

# @FUNCTION: chromium_installed_v8_version
# @USAGE:
# Outputs the version of dev-lang/v8 currently installed on the host system.
chromium_installed_v8_version() {
local cpf=$(best_version dev-lang/v8)
local pvr=${cpf#dev-lang/v8-}
echo "${pvr%-r*}"
}
." -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
." ### DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
." ### This man page is autogenerated by eclass-to-manpage.awk
." ### based on comments found in chromium.eclass
."
." See eclass-to-manpage.awk for documentation on how to get
." your eclass nicely documented as well.
."
.TH "CHROMIUM.ECLASS" 5 "Mar 2012" "Portage" "portage"
.SH "NAME"
chromium.eclass - Shared functions for chromium and google-chrome
.SH "FUNCTIONS"
.TP
fBchromium_check_kernel_configfR
Ensures the system kernel is configured for full Chromium functionality.
.TP
fBchromium_remove_language_paksfR
Removes pak files from the current directory for languages that the user has
not selected via the LINGUAS variable.
Also performs QA checks to ensure CHROMIUM_LANGS has been set correctly.
.TP
fBEGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMANDfR ?= fIbuild/gyp_chromiumfR
Path to the gyp_chromium script.
.TP
fBEGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTHfR ?= fI.fR
Depth for egyp_chromium.
.TP
fBegyp_chromiumfR [gyp arguments]
Calls EGYP_CHROMIUM_COMMAND with depth EGYP_CHROMIUM_DEPTH and given
arguments. The full command line is echoed for logging.
.TP
fBgyp_usefR <USE flag> [GYP flag] [true suffix] [false suffix]
If USE flag is set, echo -D[GYP flag]=[true suffix].

If USE flag is not set, echo -D[GYP flag]=[false suffix].

[GYP flag] defaults to use_[USE flag] with hyphens converted to underscores.

[true suffix] defaults to 1. [false suffix] defaults to 0.
.TP
fBchromium_bundled_v8_versionfR [path to version.cc]
Outputs the version of v8 parsed from a (bundled) copy of the source code.
.TP
fBchromium_installed_v8_versionfR
Outputs the version of dev-lang/v8 currently installed on the host system.
.SH "ECLASS VARIABLES"
.TP
fBCHROMIUM_LANGSfR
List of language packs available for this package.
.SH "AUTHORS"
.nf
Mike Gilbert <floppym@gentoo.org>
.fi
.SH "MAINTAINERS"
.nf
Chromium Herd <chromium@gentoo.org>
.fi
.SH "REPORTING BUGS"
Please report bugs via http://bugs.gentoo.org/
.SH "FILES"
.BR /usr/portage/eclass/chromium.eclass
.SH "SEE ALSO"
.BR ebuild (5)
.nf
http://sources.gentoo.org/eclass/chromium.eclass?view=log
.fi

Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

On 3/11/12 6:27 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> I moved some of the functions currently implemented in the ebuilds for
> www-client/chromium and www-client/google-chrome into a new eclass
> "chromium.eclass".

LGTM (Looks Good To Me).

It seems no one else commented on this one, so I'm totally fine with
checking this in.

Thanks!