Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
"Mr. Aaron W. Swenson"

Default Doubts about need for "ewarn" when strip-linguas is used

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 12:28:23PM +0100, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> On 3/6/12 11:46 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> I second removing a possibly spammy warning.
>
> Maybe provide a way in the ebuild to silence it (if it makes sense), but
> I'm fine either way.

I get the warning for 'en en_US' as well for packages that are native
English and don't need the translation. So, it doesn't actually make
sense to warn about 'en en_US' not being supported.

--
Mr. Aaron W. Swenson
Gentoo Linux

Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Pacho Ramos

El mar, 06-03-2012 a las 11:46 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribi:
> I usually read messages in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log to simply
> warn me about "es es_ES" LINGUAS not being supported by that package.
> That comes from eutils.eclass inside strip-linguas:
> ewarn "Sorry, but ${PN} does not support the LINGUAS:" ${nols}
>
> Is this warning really required, personally I know a lot of packages
> that don't support spanish translations and I get no warning from them
> (as they don't use strip-linguas). When I set LINGUAS variable in my
> make.conf I assume a lot of packages won't support spanish translations,
> and I see no point on being informed about that for some packages using
> strip-linguas.
>
> What do you think?

OK with dropping message completely or use "einfo" instead of "ewarn"?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Pacho Ramos

El vie, 09-03-2012 a las 09:00 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribi:
> El mar, 06-03-2012 a las 11:46 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribi:
> > I usually read messages in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log to simply
> > warn me about "es es_ES" LINGUAS not being supported by that package.
> > That comes from eutils.eclass inside strip-linguas:
> > ewarn "Sorry, but ${PN} does not support the LINGUAS:" ${nols}
> >
> > Is this warning really required, personally I know a lot of packages
> > that don't support spanish translations and I get no warning from them
> > (as they don't use strip-linguas). When I set LINGUAS variable in my
> > make.conf I assume a lot of packages won't support spanish translations,
> > and I see no point on being informed about that for some packages using
> > strip-linguas.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> OK with dropping message completely or use "einfo" instead of "ewarn"?

Just done