Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Pacho Ramos

Default Doubts about need for "ewarn" when strip-linguas is used

I usually read messages in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log to simply
warn me about "es es_ES" LINGUAS not being supported by that package.
That comes from eutils.eclass inside strip-linguas:
ewarn "Sorry, but ${PN} does not support the LINGUAS:" ${nols}

Is this warning really required, personally I know a lot of packages
that don't support spanish translations and I get no warning from them
(as they don't use strip-linguas). When I set LINGUAS variable in my
make.conf I assume a lot of packages won't support spanish translations,
and I see no point on being informed about that for some packages using
strip-linguas.

What do you think?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Excerpts from Pacho Ramos's message of 2012-03-06 11:46:15 +0100:
> I usually read messages in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log to simply
> warn me about "es es_ES" LINGUAS not being supported by that package.
> That comes from eutils.eclass inside strip-linguas: ewarn "Sorry, but
> ${PN} does not support the LINGUAS:" ${nols}
>
> Is this warning really required, personally I know a lot of packages
> that don't support spanish translations and I get no warning from them
> (as they don't use strip-linguas). When I set LINGUAS variable in my
> make.conf I assume a lot of packages won't support spanish
> translations, and I see no point on being informed about that for some
> packages using strip-linguas.
>
> What do you think?

+1, this warning is annoying.

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

On 3/6/12 11:46 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> What do you think?

I second removing a possibly spammy warning.

Maybe provide a way in the ebuild to silence it (if it makes sense), but
I'm fine either way.