Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Pacho Ramos

Default media-optical and net-zope herds are empty

El dom, 04-03-2012 a las 14:06 +0100, Ulrich Mueller escribió:

> > Even if they have some people in their mail aliases, looks like
> > herds are empty.
>
> Sorry for nitpicking, but a "herd" is a collection of packages. So the
> herds are not empty, but they have no maintainers.

Well, I knew what a "herd" means exactly per devmanual , but, in real
world, that "collection of packages" is really orphan (are like
maintainer-needed packages but, what is worse, out of radar as they are
not listed as orphan at all)

(Personally I completely disagree with that sense of "herd" but, as
looks the meaning is there since the beginning...)

> > If nobody volunteers to join to them, I think we should drop that
> > herds and move their packages to maintainer-needed in a week or so.
>
> > What do you think?
>
> How many packages are in these two herds? If it's only a few, then
> this certainly makes sense.
>
> Ulrich

Only two for net-zope, but many more for, for example, sgml and
media-optical.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 04-03-2012 a las 14:31 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:

> > > Even if they have some people in their mail aliases, looks like
> > > herds are empty.
> >
> > Sorry for nitpicking, but a "herd" is a collection of packages. So the
> > herds are not empty, but they have no maintainers.
>
> Well, I knew what a "herd" means exactly per devmanual , but, in real
> world, that "collection of packages" is really orphan (are like
> maintainer-needed packages but, what is worse, out of radar as they are
> not listed as orphan at all)

Also, after re-reading devmanual, being 100% strict that collection of
packages need to be "associated to a set of maintainers" (that is
currently not the case )

Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Dirkjan Ochtman

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 14:31, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Only two for net-zope, but many more for, for example, sgml and
> media-optical.

We just cleaned out most of the net-zope packages. The remaining
net-zope packages will be maintained by the python team; the net-zope
herd can probably be removed.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Pacho Ramos

El dom, 04-03-2012 a las 15:11 +0100, Dirkjan Ochtman escribió:
> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 14:31, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Only two for net-zope, but many more for, for example, sgml and
> > media-optical.
>
> We just cleaned out most of the net-zope packages. The remaining
> net-zope packages will be maintained by the python team; the net-zope
> herd can probably be removed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

Just moved two remaining packages to python