Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Luca Barbato

Default Supporting GLES-only implementations

I'm trying to get better support for efika and possibly other similar
systems like pandaboard.

I already started to hack eselect-opengl and mesa to keep libGLES*,
libOpenVG and libEGL in the switchable dir and it seems to work properly.

Now I'd like to make ALL the GL/ GLES/ KHR/ and such headers switchable
as well.

One of the last items is discussing about what to do with
implementations that do not provide OpenGL.

I'd introduce a separate virtual for gles2, gles1 and openvg and make so
eselect-opengl does not complain if libGL is missing.

Anybody has interest and/or better ideas?

lu

PS: I'd consider GL implementations monolithic so you cannot mix and
match them at least for now.

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux

Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Luca Barbato

On 03/03/12 18:26, Luca Barbato wrote:
> I'm trying to get better support for efika and possibly other similar
> systems like pandaboard.

In order to make all the headers switchable I'd move the headers to
specific dirs, so we would have global/GL and all the implementations
(nvidia and ati) would have to move specific headers, if present,
accordingly.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux

Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Luca Barbato

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.Provided with the eselect opengl patch an implementation and the mesa
changes. If they are ok for everybody I'd change the ati and nvidia
drivers as well. (a better name for the amd-graphics driver would be
welcome btw)

lu

--

Luca Barbato