Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Pacho Ramos

Default Help on getting media-libs/svgalib fixed

Hello

You can see current opened bugs for svgalib here:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=media-libs%
2Fsvgalib;list_id=812773

Most of them already contain a patch that is supposed to fix each bug
report, the problem is that svgalib doesn't build at all on amd64 and,
then, would be interesting if anybody with a x86 system could check if
patches fix the problems and commit them.

Thanks a lot :-)

Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Michael Sterrett

Maybe it's time to just punt svgalib? There are only 46 ebuilds that
use it (some, optionally).

Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Pacho Ramos

El lun, 20-02-2012 a las 13:09 -0500, Michael Sterrett escribió:
> Maybe it's time to just punt svgalib? There are only 46 ebuilds that
> use it (some, optionally).
>
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > You can see current opened bugs for svgalib here:
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=media-libs%
> > 2Fsvgalib;list_id=812773
> >
> > Most of them already contain a patch that is supposed to fix each bug
> > report, the problem is that svgalib doesn't build at all on amd64 and,
> > then, would be interesting if anybody with a x86 system could check if
> > patches fix the problems and commit them.
> >
> > Thanks a lot :-)

The problem is that users CCed on their bug reports have provided
patches and fixes for them and would probably get angry if we punt them
without even applying the patches to the tree (but I don't want to
commit them as I cannot even test them at build time due being x86
specific).

Also, looks like upstream is dead, but some distributions are still
providing it :-/

Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Rich Freeman

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The problem is that users CCed on their bug reports have provided
> patches and fixes for them and would probably get angry if we punt them
> without even applying the patches to the tree (but I don't want to
> commit them as I cannot even test them at build time due being x86
> specific).

It seems to me that the package still needs a maintainer. That could
be a developer, or a proxy-maintainer if one of those users wants to
commit to tending it. If nobody wants to step up, and the package is
buggy, then treecleaning is the only recourse.

Rich