Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Christian Ruppert

Default In need of a good dev

On 02/18/12 at 10:48AM -0800, Grant wrote:
> Hello, are any Gentoo devs interested in building an ebuild for a fee
> and possibly other stuff including ongoing system administration?
>
> - Grant

Some more details would be useful

Christian Ruppert
Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure member
Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8

Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Grant

>> Hello, are any Gentoo devs interested in building an ebuild for a fee
>> and possibly other stuff including ongoing system administration?
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> Some more details would be useful

Sure, I work for a company which uses Gentoo exclusively on its
servers and workstations. We're looking for someone with a lot of
Gentoo experience to help with various technical stuff. I'm wondering
if this sounds interesting to anyone here.

- Grant

Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 AM
"Anthony G. Basile"

Hello, are any Gentoo devs interested in building an ebuild for a fee
and possibly other stuff including ongoing system administration?

- Grant

Some more details would be useful

Sure, I work for a company which uses Gentoo exclusively on its
servers and workstations. We're looking for someone with a lot of
Gentoo experience to help with various technical stuff. I'm wondering
if this sounds interesting to anyone here.

- Grant

Off list. Can you give me more details still? Ebuild writing is usual
straight forward. If its something easy you'll probably get someone to
just do it for free as long as it can be added to the tree and GPL. The
sys admin stuff would more involved.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]

Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Grant

>>> Some more details would be useful
>>
>> Sure, I work for a company which uses Gentoo exclusively on its
>> servers and workstations. *We're looking for someone with a lot of
>> Gentoo experience to help with various technical stuff. *I'm wondering
>> if this sounds interesting to anyone here.
>>
>> - Grant
>>
> Off list. *Can you give me more details still? *Ebuild writing is usual
> straight forward. *If its something easy you'll probably get someone to just
> do it for free as long as it can be added to the tree and GPL. *The sys
> admin stuff would more involved.

To be honest, I haven't fully formulated the details yet. I've done
all of the technical stuff for this company for many years, but at
this point my time would be better focused elsewhere in the company.
We're an online retailer of home decor items. I'm looking for help
with technical duties which could include system administration and
Perl programming. I'm hooked on the technical stuff but I really need
to get off it and focus my efforts elsewhere.

It actually sounds like someone is creating the ebuild for free
despite my offer to pay so you're right on about that.

- Grant