Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Which ebuild category should these ebulds go into?

Hello!

Anthoine and I are working on some new ebuilds related to a 3D mouse at
the moment. For two of these I wonder what package category makes a
good fit. While I would save your time on such a simple thing, I would
like to avoid moving around things later, too. I have inspected the
related metadata.xml files already.

Which categories do you advise for?

spacenavd
driver daemon (with optional X support)
--> sys-apps/spacenavd ?
--> app-misc/spacenavd ?
--> .. ?

libspnav
library accessing before-mentioned daemon
--> dev-libs/libspnav ?
--> media-libs/libspnav ?
--> sys-libs/libspnav ?
--> .. ?

spnavcfg
X11/GTK GUI tool for configuration
--> x11-misc/spnavcfg seems right

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sebastian

Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Alexandre Rostovtsev

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 07:01 +0100, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> spacenavd
> driver daemon (with optional X support)
> --> sys-apps/spacenavd ?
> --> app-misc/spacenavd ?
> --> .. ?

I would suggest either sys-apps or x11-drivers.

> libspnav
> library accessing before-mentioned daemon
> --> dev-libs/libspnav ?
> --> media-libs/libspnav ?
> --> sys-libs/libspnav ?
> --> .. ?

dev-libs seems reasonable.

sys-libs definitely feels wrong, libspnav would look out of place in
that exclusive company of core system libraries.

-Alexandre

Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 AM
ScytheMan

Take a look at g15daemon (useful for some logitech keyboards).

There you have:

app-misc/g15daemon
dev-libs/libg15

Old 02-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 02/01/2012 09:42 AM, ScytheMan wrote:
> Take a look at g15daemon (useful for some logitech keyboards).
>
> There you have:
>
> app-misc/g15daemon
> dev-libs/libg15

Great, thanks!