Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Matti Bickel

Default php-lib-r1.eclass going to die

Hi folks,

I thought I'd throw this out, so nobody is suprised when I start to put
qawarns in the eclass: I don't think php-lib-r1.eclass has any value now
that we have EAPI4. The only thing it basically does is

a) setting RDEPEND="dev-lang/php"
and
b) provide a php_lib_r1_src_install that accepts as its parameters the
destination directory and the files to add. It then stores them
/usr/share/php/${PN}/$1.

Everything the eclass does can be done more cleanly and explictly inside
the ebuild. So if you planned to inherit php-lib-r1, please don't. Just
add the RDEPEND and use

src_install() {
insinto "/usr/share/php/${PN}"
doins -r <your src>/* (or wherever you stored your files)

dodoc README
}

as an example. I've also converted most of the ebuilds in our tree to do
this.

If your ebuild relied on php-lib-r1 to provide depend.php - shame on you
- depend.php will share the fate of php-lib-r1. But that's another mail.

Cheers, Matti