Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM
justin

Default sci-libs/arpack-3.0.2

Hi,

This is addressed to a all sci-libs/arpack ~arch consumers.
Please test version 3.0.2. It is basically version 96-r2, but from a new
upstream. The old is dead for some time, resulting in several downstream
patches. The scilab team has now picked up the maintenance and the
patches. But they changed the version scheme.

We (members of the sci team) agreed to stick to the new versioning so we
need a "pseudo-downgrade".
For your help:

echo ">=sci-libs/arpack-96" >> /etc/portage/package.mask

Thanks for your help,

justin

Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Rich Freeman

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM, justin <jlec@gentoo.org> wrote:
> We (members of the sci team) agreed to stick to the new versioning so we
> need a "pseudo-downgrade".
> For your help:
>
> echo ">=sci-libs/arpack-96" >> /etc/portage/package.mask

Wouldn't this be better-suited to a news item combined with a mask in
profiles?

Rich

Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
justin

On 1/26/12 5:36 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM, justin <jlec@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> We (members of the sci team) agreed to stick to the new versioning so we
>> need a "pseudo-downgrade".
>> For your help:
>>
>> echo ">=sci-libs/arpack-96" >> /etc/portage/package.mask
>
> Wouldn't this be better-suited to a news item combined with a mask in
> profiles?
>
> Rich

That's right. What I asked for is just for a pre-testing to push the
stabilization. Once this is near we will of course use these two tools.

justin