Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Sebastian Pipping

Default New maintainer needed: net-misc/aria2

Hello!

While someone else is the official maintainer of net-misc/aria2, I have
done the last 5 version bumps or so on net-misc/aria.

I have gotten a little behind with it lately: 1.12.1 is the latest in
tree, upstream has 1.13.0, 1.14.0 and the very fresh 1.14.1.
One reason for that is that I don't use aria2 myself that much if at
all. Another is that the next version bump needs more care than just
copy-and-commit: some dependencies have changed.

I would like to pass package net-misc/aria2 on to one of you. With the
help of the proxy maintainer team this could even be someone who is not
yet a Gentoo developer.

Besides the test suite, nothing needs patching in the latest ebuild of
1.12.1. There is three open bugs [1].

If you want to take over, please go ahead. Maybe leave a short reply in
this thread. Thanks!

Best,

Sebastian

[1]