Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Kacper Kowalik

Default RFC: global USE tcmalloc

Hi,
seems more and more software starts to use this:

dev-db/drizzle:tcmalloc
dev-db/haildb:tcmalloc
dev-db/redis:tcmalloc
dev-lang/ruby-enterprise:tcmalloc
dev-libs/libmemcached:tcmalloc
sys-cluster/gearmand:tcmalloc

- Use the dev-util/google-perftools libraries to replace the malloc()
implementation with a possibly faster one.

I'm about to add sys-cluster/ceph to that list
Cheers,
Kacper

Old 01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Kacper Kowalik

On 07.01.2012 16:49, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
> Hi,
> seems more and more software starts to use this:
>
> dev-db/drizzle:tcmalloc
> dev-db/haildb:tcmalloc
> dev-db/redis:tcmalloc
> dev-lang/ruby-enterprise:tcmalloc
> dev-libs/libmemcached:tcmalloc
> sys-cluster/gearmand:tcmalloc
>
> - Use the dev-util/google-perftools libraries to replace the malloc()
> implementation with a possibly faster one.

Now, InCVS
Cheers,
Kacper