-   -   dropping of eutils.eclass check_license (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/609882-dropping-eutils-eclass-check_license.html)

Mike Frysinger 12-13-2011 08:20 PM

dropping of eutils.eclass check_license

now that portage has ACCEPT_LICENSE support natively, we can go ahead and drop
the manual check_license logic from all ebuilds/eclasses
-mike

Brian Harring 12-13-2011 09:18 PM

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 04:20:51PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> now that portage has ACCEPT_LICENSE support natively, we can go ahead and drop
> the manual check_license logic from all ebuilds/eclasses

When you punt it, might as well integrate the `ifndef EUTILS_IMPORTED
... `
bit in the process...
~brian

Mike Frysinger 12-13-2011 09:27 PM

On Tuesday 13 December 2011 17:18:29 Brian Harring wrote:
> When you punt it, might as well integrate the `ifndef EUTILS_IMPORTED
> ... `
> bit in the process...

i've been adding that to a few eclasses at a time on the pessimistic view that
if something breaks, it'll be easier to figure out what it was

that said, {eutils,games}.eclass will prob be committed tomorrow ... i've
merged all the others
-mike

Mike Frysinger 12-14-2011 05:23 PM

On Tuesday 13 December 2011 16:20:51 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> now that portage has ACCEPT_LICENSE support natively, we can go ahead and
> drop the manual check_license logic from all ebuilds/eclasses

dropped!

check_license() now calls `die` with an informative message. not sure how
long this will stick around though.
-mike