FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Ulrich Mueller
 
Default Last rites: app-editors/emacs:21 and app-editors/emacs:22

# Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2011)
# SLOTs 21 and 22 of app-editors/emacs, corresponding to
# GNU Emacs versions 21.4 and 22.3. These versions were
# released in February 2005 and September 2008, respectively.
# Please upgrade to app-editors/emacs-23.3 and update your
# Emacs Lisp packages with emacs-updater.
# Masked for removal in 60 days, or after the release of
# GNU Emacs 24.1, whatever will occur later. Bug 394589.
=app-editors/emacs-21*
=app-editors/emacs-22*
<virtual/emacs-23
 
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Thomas Kahle
 
Default Last rites: app-editors/emacs:21 and app-editors/emacs:22

On 19:54 Tue 13 Dec 2011, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> # Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2011)
> # SLOTs 21 and 22 of app-editors/emacs, corresponding to
> # GNU Emacs versions 21.4 and 22.3. These versions were
> # released in February 2005 and September 2008, respectively.
> # Please upgrade to app-editors/emacs-23.3 and update your
> # Emacs Lisp packages with emacs-updater.
> # Masked for removal in 60 days, or after the release of
> # GNU Emacs 24.1, whatever will occur later. Bug 394589.
> =app-editors/emacs-21*
> =app-editors/emacs-22*
> <virtual/emacs-23

May I quote my mentor fauli here:

"If you need a fast emacs clone, why not use emacs-21 ?"

(I'm not saying they should not be removed).


--
Thomas Kahle
http://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/
 
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Ulrich Mueller
 
Default Last rites: app-editors/emacs:21 and app-editors/emacs:22

>>>>> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Thomas Kahle wrote:

>> # Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2011)
>> # SLOTs 21 and 22 of app-editors/emacs, corresponding to
>> # GNU Emacs versions 21.4 and 22.3. These versions were
>> # released in February 2005 and September 2008, respectively.
>> # Please upgrade to app-editors/emacs-23.3 and update your
>> # Emacs Lisp packages with emacs-updater.
>> # Masked for removal in 60 days, or after the release of
>> # GNU Emacs 24.1, whatever will occur later. Bug 394589.
>> =app-editors/emacs-21*
>> =app-editors/emacs-22*
>> <virtual/emacs-23

> May I quote my mentor fauli here:

> "If you need a fast emacs clone, why not use emacs-21 ?"

Heh, we still keep app-editors/emacs:18 which is even faster. ;-)
And much simpler [1].

> (I'm not saying they should not be removed).

Ulrich

[1] <http://www2.fz-juelich.de/jsc//docs/bhb/bhb_html/d0115/emacs_398.html>
 
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Michał Górny
 
Default Last rites: app-editors/emacs:21 and app-editors/emacs:22

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:40:24 +0100
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >>>>> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Thomas Kahle wrote:
>
> >> # Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2011)
> >> # SLOTs 21 and 22 of app-editors/emacs, corresponding to
> >> # GNU Emacs versions 21.4 and 22.3. These versions were
> >> # released in February 2005 and September 2008, respectively.
> >> # Please upgrade to app-editors/emacs-23.3 and update your
> >> # Emacs Lisp packages with emacs-updater.
> >> # Masked for removal in 60 days, or after the release of
> >> # GNU Emacs 24.1, whatever will occur later. Bug 394589.
> >> =app-editors/emacs-21*
> >> =app-editors/emacs-22*
> >> <virtual/emacs-23
>
> > May I quote my mentor fauli here:
>
> > "If you need a fast emacs clone, why not use emacs-21 ?"
>
> Heh, we still keep app-editors/emacs:18 which is even faster. ;-)
> And much simpler [1].

Or maybe app-editors/vim while we're already at it?

/me hides.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org