-   -   Packages up for grabs due ricmm retirement (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/601399-packages-up-grabs-due-ricmm-retirement.html)

Pacho Ramos 11-22-2011 05:46 PM

Packages up for grabs due ricmm retirement

Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:

app-emulation/spim
dev-util/scanmem
media-gfx/viewnior
net-misc/youtube-dl

Thanks for taking them

Nirbheek Chauhan 11-22-2011 06:03 PM

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:

[snip]
> net-misc/youtube-dl

I use this a lot, so I'll take it.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Nirbheek Chauhan 11-22-2011 06:09 PM

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:
>>
> [snip]
>> net-misc/youtube-dl
>>

> I use this a lot, so I'll take it.

Just noticed that hanno and zmedico have been bumping it, so if you
guys want, we can co-maintain. =)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Mike Gilbert 11-22-2011 07:31 PM

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>> Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:
>>>
>> [snip]
>>> net-misc/youtube-dl
>>>

>> I use this a lot, so I'll take it.
>>

> Just noticed that hanno and zmedico have been bumping it, so if you
> guys want, we can co-maintain. =)

Weird timing: I added a live ebuild for this program to my personal
overlay[1] yesterday. I'm not sure what your opinion on live ebuilds
in the tree happens to be, but I would be happy to move it to gx86.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/floppym/floppym-overlay/src/default/net-misc/youtube-dl

Alex Alexander 11-22-2011 07:34 PM

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 07:46:47PM +0100, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:
>
> media-gfx/viewnior

I'll take this one :)

Cheers,
--
Alex Alexander | wired
+ Gentoo Linux Developer

Tim Harder 11-22-2011 08:17 PM

On 2011-11-22 Tue 10:46, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Due ricmm retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:

> dev-util/scanmem

I'll take this.

Tim

James Broadhead 11-22-2011 08:27 PM

On 22 November 2011 20:31, Mike Gilbert <floppym@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>>

>>> I use this a lot, so I'll take it.
>>>

>> Just noticed that hanno and zmedico have been bumping it, so if you
>> guys want, we can co-maintain. =)
>>

> Weird timing: I added a live ebuild for this program to my personal
> overlay[1] yesterday. I'm not sure what your opinion on live ebuilds
> in the tree happens to be, but I would be happy to move it to gx86.
>
> [1] https://bitbucket.org/floppym/floppym-overlay/src/default/net-misc/youtube-dl

I was working on a script to auto-update the ebuild to the latest
release yesterday. Obviously, it has enough people interested in it!

While no tarballs are ever released, they suggest that you do the
following to pull the latest release:

wget --quiet http://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/raw/master/LATEST_VERSION
PV=`cat LATEST_VERSION`
SRC_URI="http://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/raw/${PV}/youtube-dl"

but I drew a blank as to how to integrate that into an ebuild without
some hackery.