Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Mike Frysinger

Default readline: punt from profiles

we've got pretty good USE=readline coverage now, and there's nothing this
provides in terms of utility programs that means we need this to be explicitly
listed in the profile as a system package. so time to drop it.
-mike

Old 11-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Duncan

Mike Frysinger posted on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 01:42:43 -0500 as excerpted:

> we've got pretty good USE=readline coverage now, and there's nothing
> this provides in terms of utility programs that means we need this to be
> explicitly listed in the profile as a system package. so time to drop
> it.

Um... package, or USE flag?

You mention the USE flag but then say the package, but don't mention the
category in either the subject or body, which again tilts toward the USE
flag as it's bare, while the package normally comes with a category,
particularly given that there are two such packages in the tree so the
package name alone is ambiguous. But since there's two packages and a
USE flag and there's reasons to argue one way but you specifically said
the other, which is ambiguous on its own, it's doubly ambiguous!

Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Michał Górny

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:21:13 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net> wrote:

> Mike Frysinger posted on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 01:42:43 -0500 as excerpted:
>
> > we've got pretty good USE=readline coverage now, and there's nothing
> > this provides in terms of utility programs that means we need this
> > to be explicitly listed in the profile as a system package. so
> > time to drop it.
>
> Um... package, or USE flag?

I think 'system package in the profile' makes it pretty clear.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Mike Frysinger

sys-libs/readline is no longer part of system:
http://sources.gentoo.org/profiles/base/packages?r1=1.55&r2=1.56
http://sources.gentoo.org/profiles/prefix/windows/winnt/packages?r1=1.5&r2=1.6
http://sources.gentoo.org/profiles/uclibc/packages?r1=1.34&r2=1.35
-mike