Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Christian Ruppert

Default woodpecker.gentoo.org maintenance / outage

Hi everybody,

as some of you may have noticed already we did some reboot(s) on
woodpecker.gentoo.org aka dev.gentoo.org.

To be honest we/I didn't expect major problems but
as so often there are some if you don't expect it...

So woodpecker will be unavailable again today and/or probably tomorrow
as well.
There is no ETA yet.
We try to keep the outages as short as possible.

The reboots will be announced again (as before) via "wall" on
woodpecker but you may want to start $irc_client on your local computer
anyway for now.

What we did recently:
Major gcc/glibc upgrade.
Other major and minor upgrades.

What is left is:
Kernel
Baselayout2 / OpenRC

We'll let you know when we're done with it.

Christian Ruppert
Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure
member Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8

Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 AM
"Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)"

El 18/11/11 17:11, Christian Ruppert escribió:
> What is left is:
> Kernel
Any problem regarding hardened? Need a hand from somebody in the team?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Christian Ruppert

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:11:35 +0100
Christian Ruppert <idl0r@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> as some of you may have noticed already we did some reboot(s) on
> woodpecker.gentoo.org aka dev.gentoo.org.
>
> To be honest we/I didn't expect major problems but
> as so often there are some if you don't expect it...
>
> So woodpecker will be unavailable again today and/or probably tomorrow
> as well.
> There is no ETA yet.
> We try to keep the outages as short as possible.
>
> The reboots will be announced again (as before) via "wall" on
> woodpecker but you may want to start $irc_client on your local
> computer anyway for now.
>
> What we did recently:
> Major gcc/glibc upgrade.
> Other major and minor upgrades.
>
> What is left is:
> Kernel
> Baselayout2 / OpenRC
>
> We'll let you know when we're done with it.

Kernel, baselayout2 / OpenRC and perl are done.
We're still having some trouble with the kernel/vixie-cron/glibc so we
*may* need to reboot pecker again.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Christian Ruppert

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:42:40 +0100
"Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@gentoo.org> wrote:

> El 18/11/11 17:11, Christian Ruppert escribió:
> > What is left is:
> > Kernel
> Any problem regarding hardened? Need a hand from somebody in the team?

No problems with hardened. Thanks