Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Radosław Smogura

Default OpenCV 2.3.1a, and earlier CUDA vs GCC 4.4

Hello,

In OpenCV 2.3.1a and 2.3.0 there is test for GCC 4.5, it looks like this test
is wrong, it should be

if [ "$(gcc-version)" >= "4.5" ]; then

but is
if [ "$(gcc-version)" > "4.4" ]; then

In particulary this removes support for CUDA when GCC 4.4.5 is used. I think
CUDA should be removed only from 4.5, or warrning message should be changed.

Regards,
Radosław Smogura

Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Duncan

Radosław Smogura posted on Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:05:53 +0100 as excerpted:

> In OpenCV 2.3.1a and 2.3.0 there is test for GCC 4.5, it looks like this
> test is wrong, it should be
>
> if [ "$(gcc-version)" >= "4.5" ]; then
>
> but is if [ "$(gcc-version)" > "4.4" ]; then
>
> In particulary this removes support for CUDA when GCC 4.4.5 is used. I
> think CUDA should be removed only from 4.5, or warrning message should
> be changed.

Thanks for the report. Could you file a bug on it? bugs.gentoo.org

That's how Gentoo normally tracks such things (and actually, a lot of
other non-bug stuff too). It helps keep them around until the problem is
looked into and fixed, where a message posted to the list is often read
and forgotten about, if the package maintainer doesn't have time right
then to look into it. The list is more for discussion of various
technical questions that might be hard, or where there's likely to be a
difference of opinion that needs hashed out.

Thanks again. =:^)