Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Mike Frysinger

Default removing of autotools from system set

now that we have autotools.eclass to ease regenerating of autotools in
ebuilds and people have generally adopted this tree-wide, i'd like to
look at dropping autoconf, automake, and libtool from the system set.

i'll wait for the current stage-breaking issue to get sorted out (/dev
nodes in stage3) before making the commit, but i want to get this out
there asap because i love making Jorge work for it.

i dont think we'll need to add them to packages.build for stage1 as
all the deps should be correct.

any other issues people can think of ?
-mike

Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM