Old 06-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Diego Elio Pettenò

Default Remember to update eclass/ and profiles/ in your tree before committing anything!

Just a friendly reminder that you should update profiles/ and eclass/
before committing anything to the tree, so that you don't end up
committing packages with either broken dependencies or fetching the
wrong SRC_URI, if they were changed since you last ran a cvs up.

Repoman will ignore the synced tree both when verifying the dependencies
and when creating the Manifests, and the gnome.org.eclass has recently
changed its default tarball suffix which is causing the issue at hand.

Thank you for the attention,
--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Old 07-16-2011, 05:46 PM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

On 6/16/11 7:22 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder that you should update profiles/ and eclass/
> before committing anything to the tree, so that you don't end up
> committing packages with either broken dependencies or fetching the
> wrong SRC_URI, if they were changed since you last ran a cvs up.
>
> Repoman will ignore the synced tree both when verifying the dependencies
> and when creating the Manifests, and the gnome.org.eclass has recently
> changed its default tarball suffix which is causing the issue at hand.

How about making the check more automated, similarly to how metadata.dtd
is refetched every 7 days? Is it possible with CVS?

My point is that it's really easy to forget, even with the best intentions.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Alec Warner

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:46 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
<phajdan.jr@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 6/16/11 7:22 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
>> Just a friendly reminder that you should update profiles/ and eclass/
>> before committing anything to the tree, so that you don't end up
>> committing packages with either broken dependencies or fetching the
>> wrong SRC_URI, if they were changed since you last ran a cvs up.
>>
>> Repoman will ignore the synced tree both when verifying the dependencies
>> and when creating the Manifests, and the gnome.org.eclass has recently
>> changed its default tarball suffix which is causing the issue at hand.
>
> How about making the check more automated, similarly to how metadata.dtd
> is refetched every 7 days? Is it possible with CVS?
>
> My point is that it's really easy to forget, even with the best intentions.

We could make repoman check for it.

-A