Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Default Last rites: net-wireless/kbluetooth

# Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (3 Jun 2011)
# Requires KDE 4.4, which is not in the portage tree anymore.
# Please unmerge before upgrading KDE, and emerge afterwards
# net-wireless/bluedevil for bluetooth support in KDE 4.6.
# Masked for removal in 15 days
net-wireless/kbluetooth

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
"Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)"

El 03/06/11 23:48, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
> # Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (3 Jun 2011)
> # Requires KDE 4.4, which is not in the portage tree anymore.
> # Please unmerge before upgrading KDE, and emerge afterwards
> # net-wireless/bluedevil for bluetooth support in KDE 4.6.
> # Masked for removal in 15 days
> net-wireless/kbluetoot
Andreas, maybe increase the removal to 30 days? Desktop users tend to be
less aware of these things and take longer to upgrade.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Am Sonntag 12 Juni 2011, 21:34:54 schrieb Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
(klondike):
> El 03/06/11 23:48, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
> > # Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (3 Jun 2011)
> > # Requires KDE 4.4, which is not in the portage tree anymore.
> > # Please unmerge before upgrading KDE, and emerge afterwards
> > # net-wireless/bluedevil for bluetooth support in KDE 4.6.
> > # Masked for removal in 15 days
> > net-wireless/kbluetoot
>
> Andreas, maybe increase the removal to 30 days? Desktop users tend to be
> less aware of these things and take longer to upgrade.

Well, the question is whether that helps... with an updated portage tree,
you cannot install KDE 4.4 (and thereby kbluetooth) anymore. So this would be
for the use-case alone when someone still has KDE 4.4 installd and wants to
add bluetooth support without upgrading.

Anyway, why not... I'll just leave it in for a while longer.

Cheers, Andreas

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer