Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
"Anthony G. Basile"

Default Should "server" be a global use flag?

Hi all,

I was looking at use.desc/use.local.desc to see if the "server" flag is
global or not. I was surprised to see that it is not. There are 26
packages that use a local "server" flag and they all say something to
the effect "Enable ${PN} server support".

Should we not promote this to global with a description

server - Enable the packages server component

If yes, what's the procedure? We'd have to have a lot of metadata.xml's
change. I'm not sure what happens if you simultaneously have a local
and global USE flag by the same name (although I'm going to test in a
minute on an overlay

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]