Old 05-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Dirkjan Ochtman

Default PHP targets

I just tried to update one of my systems, and the emerge -uavDN world
failed due to the requirement of php_targets_php5-2. Now, I do have
php installed on this box, but I had never set the targets so far.
Perhaps a news item or some other notification for this kind of stuff
wouldn't be out of order? Now I had to go googling for php targets. I
found the upgrading guide, but it seems kind of annoying that we don't
provide more guidance if we're going to mandate some more
configuration on the part of unsuspecting users.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Ole Markus With