Old 05-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Diego Elio Pettenò

Default Crossdev / glib news item

Il giorno dom, 15/05/2011 alle 20.24 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel ha
scritto:
> You will have to ensure the ABI stability before upgrading crossdev.
> Information on how to fix this is available at the following URL:
> http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2011/05/15/

I think it would be a good idea to simply copy the instructions here,
rather than pointing at my blog.

Also, we need to to cut down on the actual versions the problem is
present on, so that we can give a good idea to our users. As far as I
can tell, the 0.9 series is not involved, so it shouldn't require
rebuild if that's used.

Comments from the others?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Petteri Räty

On 05/15/2011 09:24 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> --------------
> If you are cross-compiling to a 32-bit architecture such as ARM, or if
> you are using a 32-bit architecture and have sys-devel/crossdev installed,
> please be warned that - unless you follow the advice below - your system
> may become seriously broken.
>
> We have recently fixed bug 367351 in sys-devel/crossdev, where the size of
> the pthread_mutex_t type was hardwired incorrectly into configure scripts.
> Unfortunately, if the size was incorrect before, switching to the correct
> value changes the ABI of libgthread. All binaries linked against the previous
> glib may thus simply crash.
>
> You will have to ensure the ABI stability before upgrading crossdev.
> Information on how to fix this is available at the following URL:
> http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2011/05/15/
> ---------------
>
> Opinions?

Please post the full news item with headers. For example the filter
headers are quite central.

Regards,
Petteri

Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Sunday, May 15, 2011 14:24:16 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> I volunteered to help Diego summarize a news item on "crossdev, glib and
> binary compatibility"

i really dont think crossdev merits a news item considering its general
support status and the likely hood of actual users who are affected by this
-mike