Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Markos Chandras

Default Last rites: kde-misc/quickaccess

# Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (15 May 2011)
# Dead upstream. Does not work with KDE 4.6.
# Bug #366921. Removal in 2011-07-15
kde-misc/quickaccess

Old 05-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Duncan

Markos Chandras posted on Sun, 15 May 2011 11:04:02 +0100 as excerpted:

> # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (15 May 2011)
> # Dead upstream. Does not work with KDE 4.6.
> # Bug #366921. Removal in 2011-07-15 kde-misc/quickaccess

That's news to me. It's working perfectly fine on my kde 4.6.3 desktop,
as it did with earlier 4.6, 4.5...

And I'd hate to lose it!

But from my binpkg dates it appears that I haven't recompiled it since
early October, which should have been early kde 4.5. The bug says it
builds now but the new build won't run. I'll check...

Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Duncan

Duncan posted on Sun, 15 May 2011 23:56:28 +0000 as excerpted:

> Markos Chandras posted on Sun, 15 May 2011 11:04:02 +0100 as excerpted:
>
>> # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (15 May 2011)
>> # Dead upstream. Does not work with KDE 4.6.
>> # Bug #366921. Removal in 2011-07-15 kde-misc/quickaccess
>
> That's news to me. It's working perfectly fine on my kde 4.6.3 desktop,
> as it did with earlier 4.6, 4.5...
>
> And I'd hate to lose it!
>
> But from my binpkg dates it appears that I haven't recompiled it since
> early October, which should have been early kde 4.5. The bug says it
> builds now but the new build won't run. I'll check...

Just remerged from sources and restarted kde. It still works. Not only
the existing plasmoids, but adding new versions of it, to both the desktop/
activity and a panel, it all works.

We /are/ talking about the package that provides the quickaccess plasmoid,
right? Sort of like folderview but creates a menu when it is placed on a
desktop (activity) as well as when in a panel, thus taking up far less
room on the desktop?

CCing the bug for further discussion, but it certainly works just fine for
me! Why remove what's working?