Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 PM
"Jory A. Pratt"

Default Mozilla herd looking for new recruits

As many of you are aware, the Mozilla team is extremely thin. We are
currently looking for a few new developers and even current developers
to assist the herd with -bin packages. As my time is spent with source
builds of XULRunner,Thunderbird,Firefox,icecat,seamonkey, and
spidermonkey I do not have the time to put forth for -bin packages. If
we are unable to find the people we need, we will p.mask -bin packages
for removal, this is the last step I want to take. If interested please
join us on #Gentoo-moz on freenode and speak with myself, nirbheek, or
polynomial-c. Thanks to all those who contribute to ensure the Mozilla
experience is as painful as possible on Gentoo and look forwarding to
have new minds join the herd.

Gentoo Mozilla Lead
Jory Pratt (anarchy)

Old 05-10-2011, 12:38 AM
"Jory A. Pratt"

On 05/09/2011 06:23 PM, Jory A. Pratt wrote:
> As many of you are aware, the Mozilla team is extremely thin. We are
> currently looking for a few new developers and even current developers
> to assist the herd with -bin packages. As my time is spent with source
> builds of XULRunner,Thunderbird,Firefox,icecat,seamonkey, and
> spidermonkey I do not have the time to put forth for -bin packages. If
> we are unable to find the people we need, we will p.mask -bin packages
> for removal, this is the last step I want to take. If interested please
> join us on #Gentoo-moz on freenode and speak with myself, nirbheek, or
> polynomial-c. Thanks to all those who contribute to ensure the Mozilla
> experience is as painful as possible on Gentoo and look forwarding to
> have new minds join the herd.
>
> Gentoo Mozilla Lead
> Jory Pratt (anarchy)

As ABCD has pointed out to me on irc, the sentence "Thanks to all those
who contribute to ensure the Mozilla
> experience is as painful as possible on Gentoo and look forwarding to
> have new minds join the herd.

This is simply a typo, It should have read Thanks to all those who
contribute to ensure the Mozilla experience is as non painful as
possible on Gentoo. Sorry for the confusion.

Jory

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Duncan

Jory A. Pratt posted on Mon, 09 May 2011 18:23:02 -0500 as excerpted:

> Thanks to all those who contribute to ensure the Mozilla experience is
> as painful as possible on Gentoo and look forwarding to have new minds
> join the herd.

Painful? Is that an in joke non-gentoo-dev readers aren't likely to be
aware of, a spellcheck mis-correction, or...?

Just surprising to see as it stood out like a sore thumb, is all.