Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default nvidia-settings needs a maintainer (or something)

should have announced this before, but nvidia-settings needs an active
maintainer or it should be merged back to the nvidia-drivers

the bugs idle on maintainer-needed@ now, you can find them easily by
search keyword of "nvidia-settings"

Jer has been doing some work on the matter, so might want to discuss
with him before just "taking over"

- Samuli

Old 05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Mike Gilbert

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> should have announced this before, but nvidia-settings needs an active
> maintainer or it should be merged back to the nvidia-drivers
>
> the bugs idle on maintainer-needed@ now, you can find them easily by
> search keyword of "nvidia-settings"
>
> Jer has been doing some work on the matter, so might want to discuss
> with him before just "taking over"
>
> - Samuli

What is the purpose of this package? It installs 5 files, none of
which are the "nvidia-settings" binary.

floppym@naomi ~ % qlist nvidia-settings
/usr/lib64/libXNVCtrl.a
/usr/include/NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h
/usr/include/NVCtrl/NVCtrlLib.h
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-settings-260.19.29/FRAMELOCK.txt.bz2
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-settings-260.19.29/NV-CONTROL-API.txt.bz2

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Doug Goldstein

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> should have announced this before, but nvidia-settings needs an active
> maintainer or it should be merged back to the nvidia-drivers
>
> the bugs idle on maintainer-needed@ now, you can find them easily by
> search keyword of "nvidia-settings"
>
> Jer has been doing some work on the matter, so might want to discuss
> with him before just "taking over"
>
> - Samuli

I'll take it over as I've wanted to do to keep the two packages in sync.

--
Doug Goldstein

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Doug Goldstein