-   -   No more old-style virtuals (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/520389-no-more-old-style-virtuals.html)

Ulrich Mueller 04-30-2011 05:40 PM

No more old-style virtuals

With the conversion of linux-sources to a new-style virtual today,
all old-style virtuals are gone from the portage tree. See GLEP 37 and
bug 350792 for details.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with conversion or cleanup. I hope
that I didn't step on too many toes for the conversions I did myself.

I suggest that a warning for PROVIDE should be added to repoman,
mainly to prevent unintentional readdition of old-style virtuals when
ebuilds are copied from an overlay to the main tree.

Ulrich