Old 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Pacho Ramos

Default Devmanual text on ChangeLogs

El sáb, 30-04-2011 a las 11:46 +0300, Petteri Räty escribió:
> http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/misc-files/changelog/index.html
>
> There doesn't seem to be a common opinion on what the policy for
> ChangeLog entries is. See:
>
> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_f829da2375f1ceab766a800913cc4998.xml
>
> I propose a simple new text: "Every commit should have an entry in
> ChangeLog." If we eventually autogenerate them from git logs this would
> happen any way (unless some kind of filtering system is in the middle)
> so we could already start now. I think it's better to have more than
> less information available to users.
>
> Regards,
> Petteri

I don't have a strong opinion about what option is the one I think the
best but, either way, could
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=5#doc_chap8 be updated also with the final decision? That is the doc I periodically review to remember exact steps when cleaning old packages.

Thanks a lot