-   -   rfc: logrotate and xinetd use flags (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/518264-rfc-logrotate-xinetd-use-flags.html)

Michał Górny 04-25-2011 03:39 PM

rfc: logrotate and xinetd use flags

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:58:23 -0500
William Hubbs <williamh@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I will use logrotate as my example, but what I'm saying also applies
> for xinetd.

PS I think this does apply more or less to the following flags as well:
- bash-completion,
- zsh-completion,
- (possibly) vim-syntax.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Ciaran McCreesh 04-25-2011 03:39 PM

rfc: logrotate and xinetd use flags

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:39:18 +0200
Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:
> PS I think this does apply more or less to the following flags as
> well:
>
> - (possibly) vim-syntax.

Vim syntax packages are usually distributed elsewhere rather than as
part of the main project. Also, if they're installing any
documentation, they need Vim installed to get the help tags done
properly.

--
Ciaran McCreesh

Jeroen Roovers 04-25-2011 08:57 PM

rfc: logrotate and xinetd use flags

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:44:24 +0200
Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I'm currently working on improving the situation. I'd like to create
> a tool which would allow users to easily add and remove INSTALL_MASKs
> (including a few common sets), and rebuild the packages as necessary.
> This, however, would require some fixes in portage [1].

As I said in a previous reply to this thread, no rebuilding is
necessary to switch your INSTALL_MASK preference if you already use
FEATURES=buildpkg.

jer

Michał Górny 04-25-2011 09:03 PM

rfc: logrotate and xinetd use flags

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:57:46 +0200
Jeroen Roovers <jer@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:44:24 +0200
> Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm currently working on improving the situation. I'd like to create
> > a tool which would allow users to easily add and remove
> > INSTALL_MASKs (including a few common sets), and rebuild the
> > packages as necessary. This, however, would require some fixes in
> > portage [1].
>
> As I said in a previous reply to this thread, no rebuilding is
> necessary to switch your INSTALL_MASK preference if you already use
> FEATURES=buildpkg.

'Rebuild' sounded better than 'remerge' :P. In any case, 'emerge -1k'
is fine too here :P.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny