Old 04-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Kfir Lavi

Default I'm looking for a mentor

Hi all,
My name is Kfir Lavi, I'm 36 years old, father of a gorgeous child
and a Linux user for about 8 years (I don't count really ;-).
I'm a Linux BSP developer here in Israel.

I started from LFS, and after few weeks I had a Pentium 100Mhz loaded with X...
I'm a Gentoo user for few years now, and I'm interested in embedded, catalyst and stuff
related to day to day desktop. At home we are working just on Gentoo, no other OS installed there.

I'm experienced in cluster environments to embedded environments. I have worked with Perl, Python and Ruby.
I do prefer Bash for day to day usage. I also do C programming that relate to Kernel stuff.
In the last few month i did a lot of work using Catalyst, crossdev and "embedded" in general. I'm using

Portage facilities for my own work internal use. As part of that, I did some work on public ebuilds.
As work get more complicated, I find myself in need of packages that are not always
maintained as I need them.

As a start I would like to start maintaining dev-libs/ace, as we are using it in our systems a lot.
I have emailed* Daniel Black, the current maintainer of ACE,* about changing ownership, but
because I'm not a gentoo dev, we can't do it.

I'm currently in a battle of shifting major company to Gentoo from vxworks and Windriver.
Not easy, and because of that, I have been learning a lot of Gentoo internals. This really
opened up my view about Portage and it's abilities.

My aim for the future is bringing Catalyst and Portage to an OnDemand
embedded (crossdev) state (Which is a lot to ask, but we'll take it step by step).

I would be happy if someone will find the time to mentor me to become a Gentoo dev.

More info about me:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lavikfir
http://gentoo-what-did-you-say.blogspot.com/

I'm a proxy maintainer of app-misc/utimer
http://github.com/kfirlavi/Amalia - Testbed for network testing

Thanks,
Kfir
lavi.kfir at gmail...
IRC: kipibenkipod

Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Kfir Lavi

[...]

Common guys, no one? ...

Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Kfir Lavi

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:24:54PM +0300, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi all,

> > My name is Kfir Lavi, I'm 36 years old, father of a gorgeous child

> > and a Linux user for about 8 years (I don't count really ;-).

> > I'm a Linux BSP developer here in Israel.

> > I started from LFS, and after few weeks I had a Pentium 100Mhz loaded with

> > X...

> > I'm a Gentoo user for few years now, and I'm interested in embedded,

> > catalyst and stuff

> > related to day to day desktop. At home we are working just on Gentoo, no

> > other OS installed there.

> > I'm experienced in cluster environments to embedded environments. I have

> > worked with Perl, Python and Ruby.

> > I do prefer Bash for day to day usage. I also do C programming that relate

> > to Kernel stuff.

> > In the last few month i did a lot of work using Catalyst, crossdev and

> > "embedded" in general. I'm using

> > Portage facilities for my own work internal use. As part of that, I did

> > some work on public ebuilds.

> > As work get more complicated, I find myself in need of packages that are

> > not always

> > maintained as I need them.

> > As a start I would like to start maintaining dev-libs/ace, as we are using

> > it in our systems a lot.

> > I have emailed *Daniel Black, the current maintainer of ACE, *about

> > changing ownership, but

> > because I'm not a gentoo dev, we can't do it.

> > I'm currently in a battle of shifting major company to Gentoo from vxworks

> > and Windriver.

> > Not easy, and because of that, I have been learning a lot of Gentoo

> > internals. This really

> > opened up my view about Portage and it's abilities.

> > My aim for the future is bringing Catalyst and Portage to an OnDemand

> > embedded (crossdev) state (Which is a lot to ask, but we'll take it step by

> > step).

> > I would be happy if someone will find the time to mentor me to become a

> > Gentoo dev.

> > More info about me:

> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/lavikfir

> > http://gentoo-what-did-you-say.blogspot.com/

> > I'm a proxy maintainer of app-misc/utimer

> > http://github.com/kfirlavi/Amalia - Testbed for network testing

> > Thanks,

> > Kfir

> > lavi.kfir at gmail...

> > IRC: kipibenkipod

> Common guys, no one? ...

Kfir,

I can help you with that. Contact me off-list

Thanks to Markos, we have started the mentoring process.

Regards,
Kfir

Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Markos Chandras

Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Kfir Lavi

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:24:54PM +0300, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi all,

> > My name is Kfir Lavi, I'm 36 years old, father of a gorgeous child

> > and a Linux user for about 8 years (I don't count really ;-).

> > I'm a Linux BSP developer here in Israel.

> > I started from LFS, and after few weeks I had a Pentium 100Mhz loaded with

> > X...

> > I'm a Gentoo user for few years now, and I'm interested in embedded,

> > catalyst and stuff

> > related to day to day desktop. At home we are working just on Gentoo, no

> > other OS installed there.

> > I'm experienced in cluster environments to embedded environments. I have

> > worked with Perl, Python and Ruby.

> > I do prefer Bash for day to day usage. I also do C programming that relate

> > to Kernel stuff.

> > In the last few month i did a lot of work using Catalyst, crossdev and

> > "embedded" in general. I'm using

> > Portage facilities for my own work internal use. As part of that, I did

> > some work on public ebuilds.

> > As work get more complicated, I find myself in need of packages that are

> > not always

> > maintained as I need them.

> > As a start I would like to start maintaining dev-libs/ace, as we are using

> > it in our systems a lot.

> > I have emailed *Daniel Black, the current maintainer of ACE, *about

> > changing ownership, but

> > because I'm not a gentoo dev, we can't do it.

> > I'm currently in a battle of shifting major company to Gentoo from vxworks

> > and Windriver.

> > Not easy, and because of that, I have been learning a lot of Gentoo

> > internals. This really

> > opened up my view about Portage and it's abilities.

> > My aim for the future is bringing Catalyst and Portage to an OnDemand

> > embedded (crossdev) state (Which is a lot to ask, but we'll take it step by

> > step).

> > I would be happy if someone will find the time to mentor me to become a

> > Gentoo dev.

> > More info about me:

> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/lavikfir

> > http://gentoo-what-did-you-say.blogspot.com/

> > I'm a proxy maintainer of app-misc/utimer

> > http://github.com/kfirlavi/Amalia - Testbed for network testing

> > Thanks,

> > Kfir

> > lavi.kfir at gmail...

> > IRC: kipibenkipod

> Common guys, no one? ...

Kfir,

I can help you with that. Contact me off-list

Thanks to Markos, we have started the mentoring process.

Regards,
Kfir

Hi Markos,
I'm contacting you to let you know that I'm still interested in your mentoring.
I find it very hard to concentrate on the quizzes you sent me, as I'm deeply at work.

I'm returning home everyday at ~22:00.
I also have a family and a small 1 year old child, that needs my attention ;-)
I did small part of the test.
Do you want me to send you the test as is and we'll take it few questions at a time, or you need it full?

Have a nice weekend,
Kfir

Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Kfir Lavi

> [...]

> > Thanks,

> > Kfir

> > lavi.kfir at gmail...

> > IRC: kipibenkipod

> Common guys, no one? ...

Kfir,

I can help you with that. Contact me off-list

Thanks to Markos, we have started the mentoring process.

Regards,
Kfir

Hi Markos,
I'm contacting you to let you know that I'm still interested in your mentoring.
I find it very hard to concentrate on the quizzes you sent me, as I'm deeply at work.

I'm returning home everyday at ~22:00.
I also have a family and a small 1 year old child, that needs my attention ;-)
I did small part of the test.
Do you want me to send you the test as is and we'll take it few questions at a time, or you need it full?

Well,
hehe, I'll send it in private ;-)
yep, heavy fingers.

Kfir

Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Krzysztof Pawlik

On 04/08/11 21:14, Kfir Lavi wrote:
[ snip ]
> Hi Markos,
> I'm contacting you to let you know that I'm still interested in your
> mentoring.
> I find it very hard to concentrate on the quizzes you sent me, as I'm deeply
> at work.
> I'm returning home everyday at ~22:00.
> I also have a family and a small 1 year old child, that needs my attention
> ;-)
> I did small part of the test.
> Do you want me to send you the test as is and we'll take it few questions at
> a time, or you need it full?

Please take if off-list, contact Markos directly. Thank you.

--
Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...