-   -   Enabling the gmp-flag by default in profiles? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/511634-enabling-gmp-flag-default-profiles.html)

René 'Necoro' Neumann 04-08-2011 12:37 PM

Enabling the gmp-flag by default in profiles?

Hi all,

I just noticed that the use flag "gmp" is not set by default, even
though gmp is a mandatory dependency with gcc-4.x and should thus be
installed on nearly every system.

Are there reasons not to do so, or would it be more reasonable to
specificly ask the package mantainers of the affected packages to enable
this flag by default?

Please note, that I'm just a user and by quickly looking over the
description and homepage of gmp it striked me, that enabling gmp-support
by default shouldn't be problematic but even an advantage.

Thank you all,
René