-   -   Can't update/checkout gentoo-x86 repo (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/511157-cant-update-checkout-gentoo-x86-repo.html)

"Aaron W. Swenson" 04-07-2011 11:32 AM

Can't update/checkout gentoo-x86 repo

Theo Chatzimichos 04-07-2011 12:06 PM

Can't update/checkout gentoo-x86 repo

On Thursday 07 of April 2011 07:32:16 Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 07:09 AM, "Miroslav *ulc (fordfrog)" wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > today i tried to update my local copy of gentoo-x86 cvs repo but the
> > update failed with this error:
> >
> > cvs [checkout aborted]: Could not map memory to RCS archive
> > /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/profiles/package.mask,v: Invalid argument
> >
> > so i tried clean checkout instead, but got the same error. any idea what
> > might be wrong?
> >
> > miroslav
>
> Good, it isn't just me then. I was going to try a clean checkout as
> well, but I'll wait until I see how this turns out.
>
> - Aaron

Patrick already reported the issue in #gentoo-infra but unfortunately there is
none available at the moment with root access in flycatcher, please be patient
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap) | blog.tampakrap.gr
Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays

Theo Chatzimichos 04-07-2011 01:44 PM

On Thursday 07 of April 2011 15:06:37 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> Patrick already reported the issue in #gentoo-infra but unfortunately there
> is none available at the moment with root access in flycatcher, please be
> patient

The issue is now fixed. The file somehow got corrupted on the server, Jeremy
restored from last backup. The only commit that got lost was the last one by
scarabeus, who re-did it fine.

Alex Alexander 04-07-2011 01:53 PM

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 04:44:48PM +0300, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> On Thursday 07 of April 2011 15:06:37 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> > Patrick already reported the issue in #gentoo-infra but unfortunately there
> > is none available at the moment with root access in flycatcher, please be
> > patient
>
> The issue is now fixed. The file somehow got corrupted on the server, Jeremy
> restored from last backup. The only commit that got lost was the last one by
> scarabeus, who re-did it fine.

Many thanks to the infra guys :)
--
Alex Alexander | wired