-   -   Make libevent a global use flag? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/501760-make-libevent-global-use-flag.html)

Arun Raghavan 03-16-2011 08:56 AM

On 16 March 2011 15:00, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Local use flags so far:
>
> dev-db/mariadb:libevent - Use libevent for connection handling
> net-dns/unbound:libevent - Use dev-libs/libevent instead of internal
> select based events
> net-im/bitlbee:libevent - Use libevent for event handling
> x11-misc/bmpanel:libevent - Use the libevent event loop interface
> net-im/prosody:libevent - Use libevent for event handling

As before with libcanberra, I don't think it makes sense to have basic
libraries like this as USE-flags. AFAICT, this should just become a
hard-dep in most cases, and where there's a compelling reason for the
ebuild to provide an alternative (or internal) event system, have this
as a default-enabled USE-flag.

Cheers,
--
Arun Raghavan